"RENTING" cougar for music video

i was out at dinner one nite and came out to find a note from a musical artist wanting to know if he could “rent” my cougar for a new music video he is getting ready to produce. the wife is concerned its a scam. i looked him up and he has a bunch of videos on youtube, etc.

what is the downside if i do it and stay w/ the car??..have any of your done this in the past?..i thought it would be great fun to go watch it all happen, yet besides insurance, what other issues might there be?..thanks in advance

1 Like

If everything is legit, then damage is the issue. To you the car is special, important and treated as such. To the actors, staff, and extras it is a movie prop and means nothing.
I rented vehicles to a movie set. One of them was a 68 Monterey. The passenger door panel was ripped and the door now took slamming to close properly. My cars were left there for a week. If you are present with the car it might be better.

1 Like

This is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for…thank you very much…

I think I will just pass…she is my baby

1 Like

I did this with two of my cars. They rented them for about 6 months. It was a very rewarding experience and very profitable. The cars were returned to me detailed and in perfect condition. I think it depends on the level of professionalism displayed.

1 Like

While I have visions of Tawny Kitaen spread out on the hood my cougar like in a Whitesnake video, I think I would be too scared of damage as well!

1 Like

Consider drafting an agreement that details and defines the appropriate use. Ensure there is a clause that defines the need for the other party to have a deposit and what that they would be responsible for any and all damages not present/captured at time of inspection. Make sure you have insurance and i think it would be a great opportunity to show case your work, the history of Cougar vehicles, and make great use out of such a huge investment. Not often do we get the chance to see any return on investment that involves us keeping the car. Just my 2 cents, but it sounds like a great opportunity. I’d definitely jump at the opportunity, after all… its just a car at the end of the day. Expensive and valuable (in many differ ways) car all be it.

1 Like