Rocker Mouldings - Yea or Nay

Should I add the rocker mouldings?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

The make the car look longer, but the poverty cap look is about making the car look like nothing… the el cheapo version of the car, and the rockers are too much bling for that look. Just my $.02. Do what you like.

I never installed them on my 1969 either, hardly anyone noticed.

I have them, and dig em

Only if you include the wheel mouldings, IMHO it does look ‘integrated’ without them.

Personally I like the mouldings. The car looks unfinished to me without them.

1967 Cougars don’t have rocker mouldings.

Completely agree. Rocker moldings without wheel lip mouldings look weird. If anything, I’d go with wheel lip mouldings only.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I want to get this right before I put a bunch of extra holes in the car. It looks like those against will take it but its not really a landslide.

The car may be a different color at some point and I may go back to a plain hood, but the steel wheels are staying and the wheel lip mouldings aren’t going back on.

Rocker mouldings without wheel lip mouldings don’t seem odd to me because alot of '69 Eliminators came that way. On the other hand, these are SS mouldings and SS cars did have the wheel lip mouldings so maybe it is a little weird. I am starting to think they look a little out of place with these wheels though - too much bling as Bill says.

My first thought is that the car is so stock looking that the rocker moldings needed to stay on. But after hearing Bill’s comments about the poverty caps striving for the ultra plain appearance, I have to agree to go without. And I’d forget the lip moldings too for the same reason.

I have the XR7 repro’s (ridiculously expensive) and like them. I voted yes for that reason, to tie up the vote and to restore order to the universe (I have for some reason agreed with Lo Ho WAY too much as of recent - THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!). :poke:

especially the 69 sport rockers - even on this early build 1970 (not offered in 70 but looks good)

I left them off

No wrong answer here. Both cars look great.

I have the same opinion as I posted 5 years ago on this thread.

old post back from the dead!

I choose to leave both my rocker and wheel lip moldings off

You couldn’t get two more different looking cars than snafu’s and 1970puma’s. And they both look GREAT!

bring out your dead.png

You’ll have to excuse the irony here…

I need to get with Dave and take more pictures of his Cougar. This one is from Prowl.