Searching for 67-70 Cougar

Hello everyone! This is my first post, so I hope I’m not breaking any rules. I’m looking for ANY 67-70 Cougar. My plan is to do a restomod project with the car. I’m a retired Army vet and my budget isn’t really the greatest. I fell in love with the Cougar when I was stationed at Fort Carson in 2002-2004. It was a blue metallic Cougar and I’ve never forgotten that car. No I’m looking for one of my own to give me a hobby and help me deal with my personal issues. I’m located in Lebanon, Oregon. Let me know what you have and let’s see if we can make a deal!

check facebook market place up there,there was a few up in that area for sale reasonably priced.

Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum.

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome. I had considered deleting the post but decided to leave it up. Just ignore the “woe is me” parts though. I realized that I was being selfish and something else I can’t quite find the name for. I hope everyone had a wonderful week.

I call it Cougar therapy. If I can go out and get one thing accomplished every day, and that can be a really really small thing, It does wonders for my outlook on life.

Unasked for advice: unless you get a very rare collectible Cougar (GT-E, XR7-G, Eliminator) restoration costs about the same. However, once it is done an XR7 with a 390 will bring almost twice as much money as a standard with a 289 or 302. S0 spending a couple thousand more for a project with good bones can make sense on the backside.

From a fellow Vet: Thanks for your service and don’t worry, I whine occasionally for selling my Cougar and have regretted it ever since.

Yeah, I’m not really concerned about anything special. I’m planning to drop in a modern engine and transmission, when I can afford those items of course.

Welcome! Thank you for your service to our great country!

I suggest finding a base level car since you plan to modify it beyond stock anyway. Maybe an XR-7 if you find a good deal. Bills advice is sound with the higher trim package cars if you plan to restore them back to original. Once you start updating things beyond that it hurts the value in the end. Buying the best car for your budget is the best advice tho. Spend a little more and get a solid car vs a rust bucket.

Cougars are not all that cheap to bring back to life and alot of times cost more to restore then they can be resold for. I know I am upside down in mine already and have lots more to spend! For most of us that is not reason we do it however, Its all about the journey of the project and the enjoyment of wrenching that you can not put a price tag on.

The cougar you fell in love with in colorado springs, did you own this car? Did you know who owned it? was it a 390 with a 4 speed? My Brtoher sold a Blue Cougar to a soldier stationed at Fort Carson that was in the family since our father bought it when it was a couple of years old. Car was originally Green with Black Vinyl Top. Thanks Larry

Llwalkman, no I did not purchase that vehicle(I didn’t have the financial ability to buy a vehicle at the time). It was a car that I saw on the streets a few times. It was a royal blue metallic but didn’t have the vinyl top.

Welcome to the group! We have several videos that show you how to pick the winners from the losers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XLIm9YVzG4&t=19s

THANX FOR YOUR SERVICE AND THESE CARS SHOULD BE AN EMOTIONAL SUPPORT FOR YOU.I HAVE A 1968 WITH A 302 5 SPEED NOT ORIGINAL . INTERIOR IS ABOUT A 6-7 EXTERIOR HAS SOME RUST BUT NOT EATEN THROUGH. I BOUGHT THIS TO DRIVE WHILE RESTORING MY 70 AND NOW ITS OUT IN THE ELEMENTS WOULD LIKE IT TO GO TO SOMEONE THAT HAS THE TIME . IF YOU ARE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW AND AGAIN THANX FOR YOUR SERVICE