SHOCK TOWER INFO> PLEASE !!!!!!

Any one , HELP !
I’m looking for a 67 / 68 cougar to make a Trans - Am clone of . And taking to open track events ( once or twice a yr. ) . I see a LOT of rusty cat for sale ( under $5 K ) . But the one I’m currently looking at ( out of state e-mailing pics. to work with at this point ) , the owner says it NEEDS SHOCK TOWERS . I’ve worked on Mustangs for over 30 yrs. , and Never came across a one that needed the shock towers replaced.
SOOOOOOOOOOO is this one car I should be passing up ??? ( listing for $3 k )

Replacing shock towers is a big job. If it needs shock towers it probably has a LOT of miles on it, and likely needs torque boxes and possibly rear floor replacement. I would try to find a better unit body to start with, to save yourself both time and money.

Replacing shock towers is a big job. If it needs shock towers it probably has a LOT of miles on it, and likely needs torque boxes and possibly rear floor replacement. I would try to find a better unit body to start with, to save yourself both time and money.

I would also look for a 1968 Cougar, those have two torque boxes. 1967 Cougars only have one torque box on the driver side.