Shock tower ripping away

Hey guys I’m sure everyone knows about this problem and they do make stiffening kits similar to the Boss 302 chassis kit. My drivers side wheel has shifted forward about 1 inch due to my shock tower separating from the frame rail. Can I put a spreader in to shift it back and weld it in place again without taking the motor out? Or do I have to remove the motor?

After I weld it I’ll add the stiffening kit buy a Euro brace for the shock towers and a cross brace.

That’s tough news. I haven’t heard of anyone fixing that when it’s that far gone. Not saying it can’t be done. Typically people replace the shock tower with engine out.

The repair can be done w/ motor in place, but not recommended. a “porta-power” would be used to bring things back to original location. Weld it & then install an "export brace, and a reinforced cross member.

The “monte carlo” brace usually offer little or no help. Straight ones are in the way & the curved ones are just a spring. These typically mount to the thin sheet metal of the apron & not the shock tower, thus no real help.

I had bad towers. I put the export brace in place, using a portopower, prior to welding. Never took the motor out.

I’d suggest a very thorough inspection before I committed to this repair with the engine in place. My experience with chassis failures is that once you open things up you find more issue’s than what was apparent initially. Might be easier to have engine out before you start than trying to work around it only having to take it out later. Also what does passenger side look like? I’ve done the Boss 302 upgrade shock tower plates, braced cross member, and export brace to my Cougar. If I was looking at this work I’d pull engine so I had access to replace what was needed.