Show us your diecast Cougar!

I searched and haven’t seen a dedicated diecast thread. Show off your Cougar models!

I picked up a few various Hot Wheels/M2 versions:

A few more…

Sunstar 1:18. This was the cheapest one I could find on eBay a few months back. I was able to pick it up for $32.

That’s a nice one. I hope to find a “standard” casting at some point and respray it the eventual color my Cougar will end up. I still haven’t decided what that color will be, though.

Here is a small sample of what I have on display in my office - lots more packed away.

Here’s Xmas tree & a “few” cats.
https://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7025

Cool. Thanks for sharing folks. It’s nice to see what’s out there that’s available.

My 69 Eliminator …

I just took an updated picture of my collection. It is only part of my collection as well.

Come to think of it, I also have this display in my shop office.

[/url]

I have more die cast in my shop office that I have not taken pictures of.

I REALLY need to get up to TN and get the rest of our stuff down here. All of my die casts are in storage.

Hey Propayne,

Where did that 68 AMT box art calendar come from?

^^^ That is one of my most prized possessions.

In the early '80s I was working for a large graphics company near D.C. and was doing illustrations for a local radio station that was giving away classic cars. I also had my '67 DGS back then and was known at work as a “car dude”. A guy I worked with just brought in that calendar one day and gave it to me.

If I remember correctly he was big into model building in the '60s and that calendar was either something AMT sent him or he had to mail in for it.

• Phillip

Wow - Great stuff, guys!

Here’s mine. The center Is a Sun Star 1:18 that I took apart and repainted to match my car.

Nice! Once I figure out what color mine will be, I’ll do the same. I need to get a “standard” Sunstar model, though. Thanks for sharing…definitely a lot of cool models in the thread.

I’ve got a dark green '67 Sunstar model somewhere (hasn’t been unpacked since we moved a few years ago) and I’ve also got this:

I managed to pick it up in about 2000 from a guy that had collected models since the mid 60’s and this was one of them he hadn’t put together. All of the pieces are there, but not everything is still connected to the trees. I’ll probably just leave it like this. Are there currently any '67 or '68 plastic models being produced?

The story I’ve heard is that the molds were updated to produce the 1969 Cougar model and therefor no longer exist in '67/'68 form.

The '69 molds are all that is left and that is why that model is continually reissued to this day.

• Phillip

Read more about vintage diecast Mercury Cougar cars in the current issue of ATSOTC Winter 2016 issue!