Simon Ford Man. Mercury Cougar, 1969

This kids Cougar is running. Mines not!!! This kid has SOME skills!!!

5 Likes

One of the best youtubers out there. Guy has great camera angles and perfect video editing with no music or talking. Hit the CC button for written description of what he is doing.

3 Likes

This has encouraged me to finish up the honeydews and get going on my project 69. Liked the video!

1 Like

Definitely a class act in filmography and automotive savvy. I appreciate it in one as young as he, gives hope for the future!

1 Like

That’s the only reason I could watch a 1 1/2 hour video like this, it’s the slap in the face of “and what prevents you?”…

1 Like

OK Paul, so why ISN’T yours running? I’m sure Simon will trade you straight up no matter what your issue. Heck he’s only about 2hrs from you! Seriously, what’s up with Greenie now?

1 Like

Well… Engine is coming out. Lifter cam lobe failure. Hopefully he will NOT be down for long. Just going to do the minimum to get him back in action. Keeping him as stock as possible. Maybe going with a 390 GT grind for the cam. When THIS gets done… Everything mechanical will be touched or replaced. So smooth sailing after. His plans after this excursion is… MCACN in November. He has MISSED EVERY car show appearance this year. This one MUST not be missed. Just got new XR7 badges, shifter plate, dash bezel, and the steering wheel either replaced or restored. So yeah… LOTS of money and attention is being paid to him.

1 Like

Wow! (what else can one say) At least my issues don’t keep me from driving.

1 Like

Be GRATEFUL!!! I knew SOME of this was coming. But NOT all at once!!! Update on my other thread.

1 Like

Great video. Over 11 years with my 70 I’ve visited about all those places and a few more. I’m just glad mine was in much better shape to begin with. Still great to see his Cougar getting back on the road. It gave me a chance to reminisce on my own experience as well. The videography is terrific it must have added a huge amount of time to the project but it makes for a great presentation. Thanks

2 Likes

I just bought this car