Spacing of GTE exhaust tips

About to replace the exhaust system form the original H pipe back with correct Scott Fuller mufflers and the original GTE exhaust tips. Would like to know how far under the valence they should hang, and how far out they should protrude.
Thanks.

I cannot say that these are installed exactly correct. My car was restored in 1990 and these are the original tips installed. I hope it helps you out.

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/ccarney69/library/68%20GT-E/exhaust%20tips?sort=2&page=1

The photos are very helpful and thank you. Additionally, if anyone has actual measurements, that would also be very useful.

Have you measured the distances from the valance for the tip. Installation? Did Jim Pinkerton have a diagram for measurements?

www.CougarClub.org

I do not have written down the actual measurements. Going completely by memory I believe it is 3/8" gap below the valence and 1.5" from the upper back of the tip to the flange on the valence.

Original tips are known to have “witness” rub marks on the top where they contact the rear valence. I second Jim’s memory on the distances.

Mine do have the rub marks, and coupled with Jim’s info, I think I can get it right. TY all!