Spamity spam spam

We are getting pounded by spammers for some reason and I apologize to everyone on the board for the bad posts… I try to keep a balance between easy to join and hard to spam… looks like we need to step up the anti spam stuff. Again, sorry for all the crap being posted. I delete and ban as fast as I can find it.

Spammers, go F yourself!

sorry to SPAM you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Leon that’s a good one! Bill I think you’ve done a fine job controlling the spammers. It’s going to happen, so we all have to be on the look out for spam, spam, spamity spam!
Steven

I’ll have your spam! I love it!

Just bumping this thread hoping to get Bill’s attention. Looking at the newest members list I’d say we are in for a big wave of new spam. My apologies to the new members that are actually Russian Cougar owners.

looks like you are right they have started several threads. I see a mass banning on the horizon.

I have banned and deleted probably 50 spammers in the past 36 hours. I may have to shut down new member sign ups till we can get a handle on this.

How do they get in.

Maybe we need to call TSA.

As this site is transportation related.

It’s crazy. We bumped up the difficulty on the anti spam questions and within just a few hours they were back in. I am going to have to individually approve new members . This will slow things down but there is not a lot of options. When we lock out the Russian Federation it screws Norway and we have some active members there.

I would think the Norwegians would be quite distressed to learn they are part of the Russian Federation. Anything I can do to assist you Bill?

**I love it! I’m having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam and spam![**attachment=0]montypythonspam.jpg[/attachment]
montypythonspam.jpg

I’ve got it! We re-implement the (music sounds) Spanish Inquisition! that’ll keep 'em out!!!

+1 on the “anything I can do to assist”

If there’s a way you can set up permissions for accounts to review new applicants to make sure they’re not bots, I would be more than happy to volunteer to be part of that crew.