Taking Threads Off-Topic

I really enjoy reading about everybody’s projects, recent buys, problems and fixes.
However, without naming names there are 3-4 individuals on this forum that seem to get their jollies taking an otherwise entertaining thread and turning it into a badminton tournament of useless, meaningless posts.
I respectfully ask, please take this off-topic small talk offline, it’s really killing the site (for me anyway).

I expect to see the more of the same responding to this topic, fire away.

Deja vu, I have been thinking the same thing.

Oh, I dunno that it’s so much a case of “getting their jollies”, as it is a feeling of comaraderie, chatting with a bunch of guys with common interests, and feeling like it’s “home”…so when the wit strikes, it strikes. That’s just my take, though…and I will man-up and plead “guilty, as charged” on some of my own posts. I DO, however, try to keep my TOTALLY pointless ones, to a minimum(or limited to that “pointless thread”)!

'Tis just different personalities shining through! (And the quashing thereof helped/sped up the “mass-migration” to here).

I was thinking the same thing but I saw something shiney and got distracted

What was the question again ?

About how you get distracted by shiney things and go off topic.

It’s kind of funny how the thread about taking threads off topic has stayed on topic.

Art, I will apologize too. Guilty as charged. Now, that being said: Maestro? A little appropriate music, please?

I remember a time in this country when people didnt take themselves too seriously. A time when men wore powdered wigs and “they” had considered the Turkey as our national bird. A time when a guy could convince his neighbor that the hot chick up the street was a witch, when she was no longer willing to “keep her mouth shut” about the affair! A time when lunacy was celebrated as an “Art” form (shameless buttering) and seriousness shunned like the black rats of Europe!
I love irreverence, I cherish it. I walk it regularily and keep it’s water dish clean. I’ll not let it get fat and lazy from neglect, tied out in the yard and forgotten because of what may or may not be proper.
Exercise your irreverent nature, for without it life becomes a museum…

Fair enough, I understand your feelings.
Apology accepted. Please don’t make a big deal out of this, my issue was getting notifications in my email that someone had responded to a thread I had subscribed only to see some off-topic, personal banter… x2, x3, x4, etc…

Art… as in Garfunkel? That dues hair creeps me out…

sorry couldnt help myself…

hi my name is Chris and I derail topics - but I try not to…but honestly sometimes its needed, at that breaks open a fresh discussion about said topic, dont want to have it go stale and moldy on us.

I wonder if turning off the thread counters would help? I notice some guys like to post just to see that number go up, some might even look at it as a competition? I remember a 1970’s movie based on a vigilante CB user that was fed up with the useless chatter over the airwaves making the CB basically useless as a communication tool. He started tracking guys down and ripping their antennas off their homes. I say lets keep Art happy…

Don, exactly my impression; I was thinking of the same analogy with CB radios. A thread also becomes pretty well useless after all the unrelated “chatter”.

Bill, you should take down the Top 10 Posters especially since T3 just passed you.

HEY!!! I EARNED those posts!!! LMAO

I was going to say something derogatory but I do believe in giving a fellow a break on his Birthday. Happy Birthday.

LOL, thanks!

When the top posters thing came up and I saw I was up there I felt pretty uneasy, seeing as I don’t know jack about cars. Hopefully it’s almost all me asking questions and not being one of the people Art is talking about.

Art you helped me out a bunch with answering my noob questions and if I’m one of the offenders you have my most sincere apologies.