Tank strap Udate

Was at Ace Hardware and along the back I found my strap material 1/8"x1"x6’ of steel. Bought two strips will be back in business in about thirty minutes this evening. Good deal.

So here’s a picture of the finished product sans paint. I got done, hooked up the filler pipe, sender, and the fuel li…too short and meant to pick up some fuel line while I was out today and forgot. So it will be done Sunday.

Looks good. Will be nice to have the extra fuek capacity

After looking at it, I think I’m going to paint everything satin black so it doesn’t stick out so much.

Looks good.

Geez, I hope that cannot bottom out hanging 3" lower! That would be bad!

Nice job getting it in there.
But, man that looks low.

It DOES make me nervous. I’m definitely gonna have to take it easy and keep good shocks on it. It is above the axle, but that means nothing when the suspension compresses. Three guys on the Galaxie forum went this route and haven’t complained, so time will tell.

I’d be thinking having enough spring rate more than good shocks (although those will help too).

I’m sure you will be ok. It’s nothing that hasn’t been done before, like you said.

It should be the last of my worries, got my fuel hose hooked up and the pump isn’t pulling so I ordered a new fuel pump. Blew air through the line and siphoned it up to the fuel filter and she just isn’t pulling. At this point I feel kind of lucky to have made the trek from Illinois to Georgia issue free. Oh well, looks like she’s going to have new from back to front. New tank, new pickup, new clear filter, and now new fuel pump. New carb right before I picked it up.

New fuel pump is not on yet right? I’ve had luck taking the pump off and pumping the arm to get the dirt out out of the pump and get the fuel moving. Road side repair.

Will give that a try after work tomorrow.

Tried it. Got a lot of gunk but never fuel. Pulled the float bowl and cleaned jets too. She just isn’t pumping. New fuel pump is on the way along with a couple of spacers for the rear springs.