The National Database Project

Dave, did you have to convert it to right hand drive?

Dave – Thanks for the information on the car; I will forward it to Phil Parcells and he will enter your car in the national cougar database.
Best regards,
Jim Pinkerton

Hi Guys
My wife & I recently bought a '69 Cougar that has been in New Zealand since 1971.
We are attempting to find out if it still has the original engine or not…we know it’s a 351 still but are unsure if it’s the original Windsor in it, Information suggests it now has a 351 Cleveland and this is confusing. I’ll post the numbers below and would be interested to know if it’s in the database already please?.

Vin: 9F91H535867
Data plate: 65A M 24 27M 52 6X

Cheers.

351C 2bbl could be original.

Hi MercuryDon, don’t the tags above indicate it was a Windsor or are we reading the vin codes incorrectly?

Being built on dec.27 1969 it would have a 351W 2v . 351C was not released till 1970 and even some of the early H code cars in 70 came with 351 W engines. I owned both an early 70 Cougar and Mach1 that were both H code 351W 2v cars.Good luck enjoy the Cougar

The “9F91H” indicates a model year 1969. The Cleveland was not available in the 1969 model year.

Cool, thanks guys…we’re still finding where everything is in the forum . Just gotta confirm whether it’s a Cleveland or Windsor in it. Is there a way of confirming the engine number with the database or from the factory?.

It came with a Windsor. If the upper radiator hose is connected to the top of the block, it is a Cleveland. If it connects to the intake manifold it is a Windsor.

Ok thanks guys, looks like it’s a Cleveland

Correction - the build date is December 27, 1968.

That is a Cleveland. I can see the “2” on the heads too. It was a 2V 351C.

would like to check if my Cougar is in data base.
Vin :9F92M558973
76a 2 2a 28c 17 6 x