This cougar

Hello, I got this cougar running, after 30+ years of sitting in the garage. It was my fathers car. Had 129k on it when I started couple years back.
Decided to have the engine, transmission & rear-end rebuilt. Put it back together, rebuilt the brakes (-the booster) and other minor repairs.
I’d like to thank you for the assistance and knowledge I’ve received from you through this forum.
Just over 1k miles and it’s currently my favorite ride! It has an issue I’ll need to fix before I drive it, again. Thanks and here is this labor or love.

Nice car. Appropriate location too.

Welcome! Great looking car, thanks for sharing. Mention it on your next order with us and this kit is free.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/16708/30791/grille-headlight-eyelid-stop-/-alignment-kit-new-1967-1968-mercury-cougar.html?sessionthemeid=26

Nice picture, Your Cougar looks great. Next time in the Coeur d’Alene, Idaho area I’ll have to find that location.

Great color roof and XR7

Thanks guys! Appreciate the nice words. Hope to meet more cougar owners sometime. Last night was the first time it died on me and there where two gentlemen from different directions stopping to help before I could even get the hood open!
I answered an ad last week for a passenger window. Super cool guy invited me in his shop and Bang! There was his ‘70 eliminator he bought here, while in high school-he said ‘81. Wow, it was nice! Could have talk to him all night.
Guess it’s couple examples of why I like this car-you meet some great folks!

Love those 67 Lime Frost and black XR-7’s! My dad had one too, but traded his for an AMC Rebel station wagon. Sure wish we had hung on to it, and very glad that you did!

Hmmm seems like a familiar color combination…

Great looking Cat!

My wife’s Cat when I first got it,

and w/ new rims

Kinda like the green, grows on ya!

Nice looking cars! I’m liking the green.
First I made a metal track for shifter light. Plastic one melted or something.

Cleaned out gas tank, lines, sender unit.

Brakes weren’t bad at all. Had to replace the master cylinder and had booster Steve rebuild the midland booster. This differential valve didn’t want to budge just pushing it from the middle so, I opted to the grease gun.

Back up lights didn’t work, you’ll see why.

You need to send your sender to me for rebuild and calibration. I replace the thermistor with a much better component and also provide a brass float, filter, and seal ring. Every connection is soldered and zeroed out.

I’ll keep that in mind-thank you. I bought the parts from wccc and installed them. I’m very pleased that it works perfectly, now.

I’m sure you folks that know the lime frost green would spot the difference in the green on this cougar, if you saw it in person. It’s called ‘Inary silver’ from Volkswagen in the 80’s. I think they spell it differently, today.
Dad liked the original color well enough that this is what it got. The 35 year old touch up paint still works.

Looks great! Nice work!

Having the same issue here with my centralizing valve in the brake proportioning body. Forcing it out that way works pretty well then.

I agree, works really well. Good way to get a stuck piston out of a brake caliper, too.
For my case, it was just about finding a plug and a fitting for the grease gun, that were the proper thread pitch. It came out no problem.