thread link hover shows thread text

On the sub-forums’ main index page (like, “Classic Cougar Paint and Body”), you know how on (the other forum) you can hover the mouse over a thread title, and in a tiny window it shows the first line or so of text inside that thread? I like that. Then, on threads that don’t have a particularly specific title, you can preview what the thread is actually about and discern whether or not you want to click on it. Yeah? Is that just some preference box I need to click somewhere to make it do that?

And by the way…

You guys are awesome for creating this forum. I love it. Thank you.

Sean… Glad to see you make the migration.

I agree Sean, and it would be nice if the thread subject line gave some sort of clue as to the subject. This subject line let me know i was interested. :slight_smile:

I miss the smilies from the other place too.

I like the hover thing too. I don’t know if there is a plug-in we can get for that but we will start looking.

I will ask Jay to see if we can find those smilies, but we have to be careful not to use anything that is protected IP.

I miss the hover text on the subjects too. Thanks for trying to find that for us.

Wow, surprise!! Just noticed the “hover” thing works!! Very nice. Thanks!!

OOOPS, spoke too soon. Quit working, so you guys must be playing with it right now???

OK, works again. I had to clear my browser cache to bring it back. Thanks. I like it!!
And what I really like is it will also show the text on the Last Post icon … nice!!!

When I click “view new posts” I can hover the topics and they light up on the bottom of the screen, maybe you guys just missed it?

I missed that (but you are correct). Doesn’t work so good when the list is long because when you hover on the items on the top of the list, the bottom of the list (where the text pops up) is not visible.

The hovering is working like “a 'mo 'fo” now!! You can hover over most anything (including your johnson :buck:) and it will have something to say! Hats off to the site management!

Oh, and smilies 'a plenty! The ones we all know and love too! Thanks again!

Busted! Yep, we were messing around but we thin it works now. Also, check out the new smilies. I think we got everything you guys were asking for plus a few.

Hey guys, it looks like it is set to display too much of the post. I think that it would work better if it had fewer characters, but bigger text. Thoughts?

Yes, I agree; could be a smaller text box and larger font … especially for us OLD guys!!

Woo Hoo…y’all got the hover text working for us. Absolutely awesome! Thanks, and we got smileys to boot. :slight_smile:

I get tiny text at the bottom of the window that I can’t see unless I’m scrolled down near the bottom. No text box at all?

Colin

Board management that listens and responds to membership, what a concept! :buck:

Board management that listens and responds to membership, what a concept! > :buck:

I second that!!

Welcome Colin!

I think that another poster said the same thing about the hover feature, and I am trying to duplicate the problem so I can see it. Would you mind telling me what operating system (windows 7?) and browser (Google Chrome?) you are using?