Throttle return problem

I’m not getting total return to idle after I take my foot off the pedal. It hangs up just over 1,000 rpm. If I shift to N, I can kick it down manually with my foot. I took and look and don’t see any linkage issues. Could this be just a weak return spring? Thx

What year? 67/68 uses a bell crank set up. 69 to 73 use a cable system. Knowing this can make it easier to help diagnose.

Sorry. I thought my cars set up was in my info. Probably a different forum. Anyway, it’s a 1970 351W. Edelbrock carb and intake.

I did find the rear bolt holding the bracket for the throttle cable a little loose, so not much tension on one of the return springs. I added some tension and tightened the bolt but unfortunately the bolt just kept turning. When I pulled the bolt out there were a couple threads on the end of it from the intake. :see_no_evil:. So I guess a helicoil (sp?) is in order?

That might be the problem, In the past I have found the Edelbrock carbs are harder to make work on a 69/70 with the throttle cable. You might try using the Edelbrock cable bracket like this one;
Summit Racing SUM-G1419 Summit Racing™ Carburetor Linkage Plates | Summit Racing
Good luck.