Tilt-away no start

I was putting the Cougar away last night. I shut it off to move the chock blocks. When I tried to restart it, it wouldn’t crank.

I think something in the tilt-away circuit is killing it. I jumped the starter solenoid and it started right up. It’s been iffy once or twice, now it’s decided I have to mess with it.

Does anyone have a down loadable copy of the 67 xr7 schematics for the tilt-away starter interlock?

While I’m at it, I may as well look into the roof console warning lights.

I guess I need the complete wiring diagrams for a 67 xr7 with tilt-away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

The schematics are in the back of every copy of the shop manual. It’s probably the cable adjustment has become loose. It needs to be as tight as possible.

No cable in 67, uses a shaft. Don’t have a manual. Thanks for your help.

Either way the actuator needs to be adjusted as tight as it can be or there will be no path for the start circuit. In '67 the actuator is mounted to the base of the column. You can jumper the wires to the actuator to prove the actuator is out of adjustment.

Athough this writeup provided by Jeff Speegle is for a 1967 Mustang, information in this may help you figure out your issue.

http://www.concoursmustang.com/speegle/67%20Mustang/Article-67Tilt.pdf

Good Luck

Coach Jack

That’s very helpful. Thank you Coach Jack.

Fixed, the switch was popped out of the holder. Might have kicked or something. Working now.
Thanks for the help.