Hello, new owner of a 1970 Marquis Brougham here (I know it’s not a cougar but the column seems similar and the folks here seem to know there stuff about these tilt columns)
The tilt seems stuck in one position and the lever does not seem to actuate the curved toothed piece. I understand there is some business with pins that back themselves out and I suspect that is what is happening here with the pin on the bottom of the column here:
1.) do people agree this is the source of my issue?
2.) which set of pins would be the correct set to get from WCCC?
3.) how much of a PITA is it going to be get the final shifter shroud off to access that pin?
Thank you in advance for any assistance here, I’m a young guy just getting into domestics with this one, primarily been into European cars before and things are a little different there..
