I have a 67 cougar base model with 4 wheel drum brakes not power brakes. I want to make the stance look beefier. What is the maximum 15 inch rims and tire size I can put on without doing any modifications. Thanks on advance for the advice
That partly depends on the ride height that you want. The picture looks like there is a little sagging in the rear springs. If you like the way it looks and don’t plan to make any changes, You may be limited to a 6 in wheel and that is going to have you at a 205/70/15 to be equivalent to the factory specs. I don’t think there is much room left for anything wider without lifting the back end. Mine sits the same way after putting some new summit springs on the back. I am likely going to have to put some extended shackles on the back to get the ride height I am looking for. Personally, I like the hub cap look and wouldn’t change it.
