Two-tone interior

I just acquired a 1967 Cougar XR7. It has maroon seats, headliner, doors. The dash is black with a black dash pad. Was this normal back in the day or do I need to correct it?

Not normal, If your Cougar should have Red(looks Maroon) the dash should match that closely. What is the trim code for your Cougar?

Trim code is 6D

Would have had dark red dash pad and arm rests along with red kick panels. Lower dash and steering column black on XR7. If black dash pad is in good shape you might consider leaving it. Not sure what availability and figment might be on a replacement.

66D is Red XR-7 interior. mr-580 is spot on. Dyeing a Black dash pad to Red will not give you a good match for the amount of work.

Thanks. The black dash pad needs replaced. Hopefully I can find a “red” one.

WCCC offers red dash pads. An aftermarket replacement that very nice.

1 Like

Link here, Dash Pad - DARK RED - Repro ~ 1967 - 1968 Mercury Cougar ( 1967 Mercury Cougar, 1968 Mercury Cougar ) at West Coast Classic Cougar :: The Definitive 1967 - 1973 Mercury Cougar Parts Source
I had not noted that the reproduction 67/68 pads came in colors other then Black. Not needing one I had not looked. This is great for the owners of these cars.
Now if Dashes Direct will start doing 69/70 pads…

1 Like