Ultra-Rare 68 Cougar Option

I just sold my Tascam 1/2" 8-track reel to reel deck for too cheap, along with my 16-track rtr as well, part of unloading tons of gear when I had to move out of the practice space/studio I had been in for the past 7 years. The non-sad news about that is that all the money from all the gear I sold (including my beloved Soundcraft 800B, sniffle) went to paying for my Cougar. So I have zero regrets about it. I’m actually happy about it!! And the reel to reel decks, I hadn’t touched them in about 5 years anyway.

When I eat pop tarts I get totally gassy. FYI.

Thank you so much for sharing! :problem:

Ah yes! One slot for a pair of poptarts, the other slot for a juice box! Man, those guys were forward thinking in 1968.
“I forsee a time when food snacks and beverages will come in square-ish formats. Implement a holding space for these items, to keep our vehicles relevant into the next decade and beyond!”

I wonder if their thinking was influenced by the space program?

Hey Johnboy, X2 on the Akai 4000DS. Still using mine. Mostly at Xmas because I have all my Xmas music on one tape. This is a very high quality piece of equipment still.

Quadro PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIAAAA!!!

I still have a Dave Brubeck “Take Five” original 7"reel recording (you could purchase them). The reels have a much bigger core, because of less tape required for one album.