Vacuum manifold

Hey guys, I’m currently attempting to get a family heirloom back on the road. 71 Cougar with a 351 C and C6 transmission. I have it running but i have a bunch of vacuum hoses not hooked up making it run rough. Anyone have a reference that could help? I can’t find any vacuum manifolds online that look like mine. I have one large nipple, 2 medium nipples, and one small nipple. I’m assuming The two medium nipples go to my transmission and vacuum canister but I’m not sure about the other two. I do not have a brake booster so I’ve ruled it out.

Goto your local parts store and get a assortment cap kit to start

Put them on and go from there.

Thanks. Just bought some. I’ve got 2 of 4 connections figured out. Transmission and Vacuum canister. I’m assuming the large one was for a brake booster which i don’t have so I’ll plug that one, and that just leaves me the little one

The little one goes to the air cleaner. There is a thermal sensor at the air cleaner bottom between the vacuum source and the vacuum motor on the hot air inlet damper.

Thanks. Just to confirm, this one right here?

Yes

1 Like

My '71 351C w/FMX has that large vacuum connector going to the brake booster. The small to under the air cleaner where the temp control has another line to the choke warming hose under the snorkel.

1 Like