Vote for the May 2018 Ride of the Month!

Vote for the May 2018 Ride of the Month!

• Alicia Slay’s 1968 XR7
  • Gary Turner’s 1967 Standard Cougar

0 voters

It’s time to get those Cougars back on the streets!

We have two great choices this month. Both are special and this promises to be a hard choice for many.

The nominees are:

Alicia Slay’s 1968 XR7

Gary Turner’s 1967 Standard Cougar

:sunglasses: Just as a reminder, for members who might not have had a chance to see it. This is how Gary Turner’s 67 Standard looked like, before the engine fire.

Gary Turners 1967 standard cougar

Congratulations Alicia.

Congratulations to the lovely Alicia Slay for her impressive win for the 2018 May Car of the Month Award. I want to personally thank Gary Turner and the seven others who voted for his “Hard Luck Cat.”
I also especially want to express my gratitude to Greg Taylor, CCOA Tech Advisor for his willingness to organize a rebuilding party to save a unique one-of-one Cat.
Three topics I want to address about this tragic situation:
(1) always carry Comprehensive & Collision on your Cougar to protect your investment.
(2) understand exactly what “replacement value” is for your Cat. Keep thorough documentation of the restoration, maintenance and rarity of your vehicle. Insurance Company standard practice is to use NADA Book value to decide if they will Total your car or pay to restore it. Don’t let them low-ball you. You’re entitled to a thorough list of all items that need to be repaired or replaced.
(3) Finally, stay on top of your rubber hoses. Fuel lines and brake lines especially are subject to hidden dry rot. This sad oversight cost a man a car he owned for 40 years…