WANTED! 30th Anniversary toreador red Cougar XR7

Unless a miracle occurs ‘Annie’ is lost due to extensive, irreparable water damage from years of a mysterious rear window seal failure. I’m desperate to find her replacement: fully loaded toreador red Cougar XR7, 4.6 modular V8, ABS, traction control, premium sound system, power antenna, full leather, sunroof and rear spoiler. I realize this vehicle is not a classic like 67-73 but it’s my hope this is acceptable to this Forum. cell: 860-294-one, four, six, one. cgrhj50 @ gee mail.com

I have one of these cars, I gotta ask…where is the water damage/ how extensive is it? The car looks pretty good in the picture.

Here’s one that was on ebay a few days ago.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Mercury-Cougar-xr7-/333250105180?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=bSU1QMsVllghZ1RcKYjJPlUXRW4%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Ray Bischoff

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/coeur-alene-mercury-cougar-xr7-sport/6953768942.html Wrong color but nice looking

427XR7
There was a small persistent hidden leak from the rear window. When I bought the car in 2014, I brought her to a body man who I thought fixed the leak. It wasn’t until 2017 it was finally discovered and fixed. As a result, my inner, outer rockers, floors and even structural framing that supports IRS are all rotting. Even a place that fabricates metal refused to touch it.
Honestly, how I missed the red one in e-bay is beyond me. I’ve been checking almost daily. While I respect the nice black Cougar, I’m trying to find a replacement for what I now have or if anyone wants to discuss saving mine, I’m open to that too.

I know where another in green is with 5600 miles in McKinney TX. It is from the estate of Ray Bodensteiner who was a long time collector, club member and restorer of Cougars.

Green was not one of the 30th Anniversary colors. They came in Red, white and beige. I have the exact car you are looking for with 85,000 miles 248 867-3522