Wanted: 67-68 Cougar for project build.

In 1987 I was a poor college student. I restored a 67 XR-7 on a shoe-string budget. I traded the car in 1992 and have regretted it ever since. Now I’m older and want to build one right.

I’m looking for a $2000 - $7500 price range. Watch all got?

Where are you located? Do you have any mandatory options such as automatic versus manual, etc.?

I have a 68 xr7 302 4 barrel, c4 auto, power steering , power disc brake’s, ac, tilt wheel, and door edge guards. Color is grecian gold ,white vinyl top. The interior was changed to black by previous owner. Vinyl top will need to be replaced. This car was from Arizona before I purchased it . Runs and drives. Comes with number matching trans that needs to be re built. The car is located in Denver Colorado Asking $5,500. Pm me for pictures of the car if you are interested.

Thanks Scott.

I’m located in Fort Myers, Florida. I’m searching nationwide for a car that isn’t too rusty to fix. That is my biggest concern. I could like a stripped out roller, as long as all the body parts are there. Obviously, I would want a whole car for the top of my budget. I’m not concerned about trim levels. I would be happy with any engine or transmission options. I’m not even remotely concerned about originality. Although, a four speed manual would be sweet.

Scott’s car sounds like an amazing deal

I have a 1968 Cougar XR7, fought condition no dents, everything original including license plate and from. Was father in laws sold to his mother in law and she sold it to me 103,000 miles. 302 four barrel. hate to get rid of but im71 and won’t be able to work on her. Anyone interested?

Yeah, I’m interested! How much?

It is a good deal. I can’t find cars that rust free in Florida. I just might get back to him… later. :sunglasses:

I’m local and may have some cars that you might be interested in.

PM sent.

I found this car in Arkansas. It lived it’s entire life near Memphis. I bought it only seeing pictures of it and shipped it here to SW Florida. I am absolutely blown away by how little rust there is. I recon the older repair and paint work along with sheltered storage, preserved this car’s body. I’m likely going to be a fixture on this forum for the next few years. Now I’m on the hunt for an engine and transmission for it.