Wanted 67 XR7 auto.

Had a new XR7 GT as a new Army Officer in 67. It’s time to return to my youth. I’m in Az for 2 more weeks, then Montana 5 months, back to Az in Oct for the winter.

Wouldn’t you know as soon as I’m in Montana Autotrader has a 67 standard in Phoenix. Not and XR7, but auto, a/c, same family driver for 20 years. 2 car guy friends inspected and approved the car. Numbers are a match with the title, repaint to gunmetal gray. A long weekend detailing and I’ll have a good driver for our weekend cruise scene in Mesa, Az. next winter.

Found a 67 standard, auto, a/c on Autotrader.

Found and bought.

:paw_prints:
Congratulations on your new cat!

Please share photos once you are able to. There are a lot of great Cougar enthusiasts in Arizona and many that travel there annually for the events that surround the Barrett Jackson Auction week each year.

Do you have vintage photos of your previous 1967 Cougar? Any details about the car and especially if you have the VIN number to see if it still is in existence today.

www.CougarClub.org

I’ll eventually post some pictures of my new purchase. Still looking for 67 XR7 GT. I have some pictures somewhere. I have no serial #s, it was a burgundy/burgundy, auto, no a/c that I put ET mags on the day I purchased it. 3 years later during an early morning bar closing snow storm I hit a light post at the A pillar. We replaced the left fender, door, and unibody frame floor and dash section from a perfect car I found in Seattle. We drove the car hard for 2 more years, then traded at a Bozeman Chevy dealership. Dad had a Gold and White XR7 at the same time. Both cars were purchased in Great Falls, Montana, from Don Regal Lincoln Mercury. As new members do we get a membership list. I would like to find members in Montana this Summer and Phoenix next winter. It seems to be an insurmountable task to go looking through 4000 memberships. Is anybody out there?

Have you checked out www.CougarClub.org to become a member of the CCOA?

Once you become a member of you reach out to Charlie via email membership@CougarClub.org he can put you in contact with members in both states.

www.CougarClub.org
6AFD3C3F-52CB-4806-BD74-29C758FB6716.jpeg

Thanks for the imput. At this stage everything is helpful. I think this will help a lot. Phil

I’m enjoying my Cougar time. They seem to be showing up in increasing numbers. Today we had 4 show at our cruise in Apache Junction, Az. My Glacier blue 67 XR7, a 67 red standard with a 427 SOHC big $$$$ build, another red 67 and a 69 lime XR7. I’m still wanting a burgandy/burgandy auto XR7 GT. Haven’t received even a mention that one might even exist. With thousands of members, doesn’t anybody know of 1, just 1? Anybody out there? Burgandy/burgandy, XR7 GT, automatic, no vinyl roof, no a/c! Phil Kiser, my “1stnew1”

I found the burgandy 67 XR7 GT pictures and 8 year build info I’ve been trying to find on the mercurycougar.net website. Gallery page 14 &15 shows the find in Arizona at uncles ranch, build and finish in Indiana. The car looks like mine did, but it’s not the one I owned. Does anybody know the car or person that owns it? I would like to find another and at least talk to this owner to see if he knows of another. Thanks, Phil Kiser, text 406-781-0190

Any pics of that 67 standard with 427 Sohc from Apache show? Would love to see engine bay.

Looking forward to participating in some local shows and cruises. This is the time of year to do it before it gets hot again.

Friday 3-6 Apache Trail & Signal Butte, AJ
Saturday 3-6 Hampton & Power Road, Mesa
Getting a couple hundred cars at each location every week!

Are you interested in a 67 cougar XR7 GT 390, rustfree, early in restoration, so still not spent out. Tampa joe, 813-842-5562