Way to change the user name?

Is there a way to change your user name? or do I need to delete my account and make a new one, and if so, how do I delete the account?

Thanks
Zana

Send me a PM with the name you would like to use and I will see if I can figure out how to change it.

It would be a simple update query to the table that stores the usernames.

Update [name of the table] set [name of the username field] = ‘[the new name]’ where [name of the username field] = ‘[the current username]’;

Just replace the stuff in brackets with the appropriate names, and don’t include the brackets. Need to use apostrophes not quotation marks.

That’ll work if there are no Foreign Key Restraints on that field, which is quite likely since it’s the primary field in that record and could have numerous other fields attached to it.

I would assume the user name isn’t linked to any other tables, that there is something like a USERS table that has the username and other user info but also has a user_ID that’s a numeric key with the relationships with other tables, but who knows. I’m sure they can figure it out, regardless.

I think it is doable, but no PM yet.

sorry, got busy, just sent you a pm.

Done! Feel free to let me know if you need anything or have any suggestions.

I need to change my user name. How can I do this?

Username changes have to be done by an admin, so you’ll need to contact us via the Contact Form with your current username and the one you want to change to. As long as the new username isn’t being used by someone else (they have to be unique), we can usually switch you to the new one.