What about deleting the side marker lights on a '68?

Love it

I don’t think deleting the side marker lights on a 1968 Cougar is a big deal. Honestly, most people probably wouldn’t know the difference between a 67 and a 68 Cougar. If I was going to delete the 68 side marker, I would replace the front fenders with 67 fenders. If I was going to replace the 68 side markers with smaller units, I would modify the openings and French side markers similar to the XR7G factory show car.

Steven

Of course, the fogs are on… even at the Sonic drive-in.

With a project car build it the way you want. IMO the marker lights on the 68 are an identity feature that stands out vs the 67. Many of the other differences like the single torque box, wiring and interior are less obvious. I also like the extra trim on a Cougar along with the chrome-sets it a part and part of the DNA.

I guess this query is mute. I ended up buying a '67 :laughing:

How did you install the fog lights? Was that an option at the time? How do you get the side markets to either flash with the turn signals or remain on with the headlights?

Fog lights were a part of the XR7-G package - only available in 1968.

https://cougarclub2.org/registry/xr7g/

• Phillip

What Phillip said.
I’m sure that there is a way to turn the side marker lights into a marker light and turn signal. You would need to alter the bulb socket to be able to use a double filament unit.