What do these clips do?

Those are for snaps, like for a mustang boot. Not supposed to be there.

what were they used for tho ?

For an aftermarket tonneau cover of some sort by the locations of the snaps I would say it is an over night kind of thing…

To attach the convertible top boot to. It looks like someone went nuts and put them all around the car. I’ve seen British, and other, sport soft tops with snaps around the interior and exterior to attach a boot type cover to keep the damp weather out. They usually have a zippered section so that the driver compartment can be opened up so that the vehicle can be driven.

This is what i thought also, but with clips along the lower outer screen, it doesn’t seam like a 60/40 cockpit cover ?

……and for time it would take to put in on i can press a little switch and have the soft top up and clipped in place asap ?

… snaps in front of the windshield for a tonneau cover.

I hope you will forgive me for the very crude joke here, but this reminds me of the old Cheech and Chong bit where Chong runs into a house carrying something in his hands, and exclaims, “LOOK WHAT I ALMOST STEPPED IN!”

Wrecking your car’s trim to ‘protect the top’ with a cover seems pretty dumb! But on the plus side, your car does look pretty nice, except for some silly and mysterious snaps. =)

Edit: Please don’t think I’m trying to lay any blame on you for the ‘bright idea’ of those snaps, either, Bluestuff! Definitely not picking on you, just stupefied at the situation, as I’m sure you are too! =)

was it Einstein that said never underestimate the ingenuity of fools for messing up something fool proof ……

1 Like

That quote was from Douglas Adams, the author of the “Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe”. Here’s what Einstein said : “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”

1 Like