When others respond to our thread, we get an email

What about when we make a new thread or even respond to another thread, we are sent and email, basically letting us know there is activity or a possible answer to a question we have asked? I have checked off all the needed stuff in the user control panel and this isn’t there. Im on other forum sites that do this and it really is handy.
Dennis

I have been notified by email when responses have been made. In the full editor check notify me when reply is posted.
Steven

Yes, in Full Editor you check the box that says “notify me when a reply is posted” in the blue box near the bottom. Do this when you create a thread or reply to one. Then click Submit. You’ll get an email the next time someone posts.

Mark the notification might not be working as Cougar2 stated. I checked the box and you posted and I was not notified. Maybe Bill can have Jay run a check to make sure everything is working correctly.
Steven

I will check to see what happens when the box is checked,Thanks!

See if you get an email for this response. This is the same feature as subscribing to a thread right?

It’s too bad this can’t be left checked permanently unless we don’t want it. Ok, after typing this, I saw that it stayed checked, will see what happens.

No notification was sent when you and Al replyed. I have the box checked.
Steven

Personally, I like the “surprise” of seeing what’s new, without being notified…:shrug:, but that’s just me!

The surprise is nice, but imagine working on your car and coming across something you aren’t sure about. You quickly turn to the computer and start a thread asking for help and then pace back and forth nervously waiting for a response. You’re never really sure when you’ll get one, so you have to constantly sign on to CCC and keep checking. It keeps you from getting anything else done because you stop every few minutes to check. DAMMIT! When is somebody going to respond! Everybody else gets answers right away!

You’re just being ignored…:shrug:.

:poke:

In my limited experience, I’ve moved to other projects while waiting on a response. Always plenty to do!

Ok it seems to be working now. I just received five notifications. Maybe the site was doing maintenance or it was my Yahoo mail.
Steven

I didn’t notice this thread until just now, and I guess Bill didn’t either. Sorry to miss it!

You can set the default so that you are notified when any post you have created or replied to receives an update. That way, you don’t have to worry about remembering to check the box in the editor; it will already be checked. Here’s what you do:

1. Log on to the forum.
  2. Click on the User Control Panel link (on the left of the toolbar)
  3. Click the Board Preferences tab.
  4. Click on Edit Posting Defaults in the left column.
  5. Make sure “Notify me on replies by default” is set to “Yes.”

That will make the forum send you an email each time a reply is made to a post you have created or contributed to is made, though you’ll only receive one notice for new replies until you log in, at which point it is reset and you’ll get another notice for the next reply. (So you aren’t flooded with emails if there are multiple replies between logins.)

If you want to be notified for new posts for forum categories or topics you haven’t created or contributed to–say you want to know anytime anyone posts a new topic/post in Classic Cougar Community Discussion, select the forum category, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click the “Subscribe Forum” link.

If you want to be notified for new posts to a topic, browse to the topic, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click the “Subscribe Topic” link.

If you still aren’t receiving emails, check your profile to make sure your email address is correct and current. Also check any server- or email-client spam filters to make sure the emails from CCC aren’t being mislabeled as spam and sent directly to a spam folder.

If you’re still having problems, post here and we’ll try to help you out.

Mine is working now. There must have been a glitch for a few minutes because it didn’t when If first clicked on the link to come back here. It was fine after a bit, It was probably being worked on at the time. Al, I Hear ya!