Wires Overhead Console Cougar XR7 GT 1967

Hi from Berlin/Germany,

my name is Christian and I have a Cougar XR7 GT1967. I think this one is mine:

Somehow the car found the way to Germany :sunglasses:

I have a problem with my overhead console. It doesn‘t work, I got all the wires, but which one belongs to another.
There‘s the upper overhead cable and I red-marked two wires. Are both for ground? And the wire „without the hole“ belongs to the back of the overhead console, especially to the part I also red-marked (see the picture)?

I found nothing in the manual or web. Thanks for your help.

Regards from Berlin

Yes you are correct. Here is the wiring diagram, you can find the roof console about the center.

Let me try something else…

Ok, thanks for your answer. Just to be clear. Please look at the picture: This wire/connector belongs to this part of the console?

Thanks again

YES

Thanks a lot. Now I hopefully get my overhead console work.

Greets

Here’s a picture I snapped of my 68 overhead console connections prior to disassembly. Might help if your aren’t able to read the schematics. The terminals you have circled are typically ground returns. The whole console wouldn’t light up without these connected properly. Unfortunately I didn’t have a good picture all of the connections.

Thanks. I will try it tomorrow, but I „hate“ this job :mrgreen: , to get this done I need patience. Am I the only one finding it tricky :unamused: ?

I find usually there are many problems. The bulb sockets get corrosion and then they don’t work. The bulbs burn out. The switch for the parking brake often doesn’t work until you take it apart and clean the corrosion inside. toggle switches on the dash - same thing corrosion. The wiring in the doors often is broken. Or the switch on the door latch is corroded or broken or missing.

The low fuel test circuit normally someone has it connected on the wrong side of the start solenoid, so they remove the bulb because it stays on all the time.

Good luck. Had several typos in my original post that I have corrected. Fat fingered. Lol