Wiring Harness

I’m restoring a 68 XR7-G, the problem I’m having is installing the wiring harness in the dash. I did NOT take this car apart so I’m a little unclear as to how things are routed. I have all the books and manuals but still don’t exactly know how the various clips and hangers are positioned. I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the wiring harness installed. Don Rush, I’m one of your best customers at the moment maybe you could help me.
Thanks

I don’t have any pictures but I did this once on a 68 Mustang. First thing I had to do was install the wiper motor and arms because that harness is to thick to try and get around. Also the defrost and central A/C parts I put in first (vacuum servos). The harness runs over the two metal supports on the cluster side then dives inside on both sides. You may also want to install the A/C vacuum lines and attach them near the top and tape them down. Also I used a heat gun at certain sections to make the bends easier.

I don’t think I have any pictures that would help you. I actually took a video when I disassembled my XR7G dash that I could use to reassemble. Unfortunately, my house got broke into a few years ago and they stole my camera equipment and the video tape was in with the camera equipment. If you have a specific question on something I might be of some help.

Thanks for your replies, I did have the wiper motor installed. I had a lot of trouble getting the harness between the column support and the wiper motor. Using a heat gun makes since. One thing that I’m having trouble with is exactly how the harness is attached at the column support. My harness has an eyelet but once I get the harness located the eyelet seems to be facing the wrong way. I appreciate any help you can give. Maybe today I will take some pictures, maybe then some of you can tell me if doing it right.

When I did the dash on my XR7G during the restoration I completely gutted the dash. When I started reinstalling everything I installed the wiper linkage, wiper motor, heater box and vacuum lines first. When it came to the wiring harness I used the factory electrical manual that’s available from the Cougar parts vendors. The manual shows how the dash harness is routed. The manual is invaluable for wiring one of these cars. It takes some time and playing around to get that harness in there the right way, but well worth the effort.

Thanks 68G