WTB 71-73 Saginaw Steering Box Core

Hello All.

Looking for 71-73 Cougar Saginaw power steering box.

Thanks, Mike Howard. Cell 617-913-5540

I have several 71-73 steering boxes sitting on a shelf. I will be away at Spring Carlisle for the next few days though so it will be later in the week before I could pull any off the shelf.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Hello Randy.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Mike H.

Mike,
I checked my interchange book just so I was sure of things. There are 2 different steering boxes for the 71-3 cars. There is a constant ratio box that is used on most Cougars. There is also a variable ratio box that was only used on some Cougars. They all will have a metal ID tag on them with different codes. The codes will tell us which box you have. Or are you looking to swap to the other ratio box from what you already have? Let me know more then I can start pulling boxes off the shelf to see what I have on hand.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Hello Randy.

I am looking for the constant ratio box to put the 12.7:1 quick ratio parts into, so basically in need the case and the input rotary shaft.

I will replace the rest.

Thank you.

Mike,
Ok. I should have something here that will work for you. I will do a dig on the shelf tomorrow. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Mike,
I have several here on the shelf.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Can I get you to give me a call?

617-913-5540

Thanks, Mike H.

I pulled an SPA-S code box off the shelf today. I would still need to get the pitman arm off it, unless you also need that. What is a good time to call?

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Hello Randy.

I’m on the East Coast, any time after 5:00 pm until 10:00.

I don’t need the pitman arm.

Thanks.

Okay, I will see how tomorrow evening goes. Or maybe on Saturday.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95