XR7G for sale on eBay

Another rusty XR7G on eBay. Blue XR7G with red interior.
Steven

It is new to the registry. There are several other unknown G’s in the same serial number range, wonder where they are?

It’s good to know they are still out there. This one is rough but at least it’s still around.
Steven

That one has sure lived a hard life. Still sporting it’s snow tires for the WI winters with a 1978 tag on it. Like to see a Marti on that one. Seems like an odd combo with the maroon interior and wellington Blue paint.

Is that Wellington Blue with red interior? According to Marti it is 1 of 15.

Has the luggage rack too.

It’s sporting the classy luggage rack too.

I love how if it where anything but an XR7-G, it would not be touched with a long stick.

God that thing is a mess, gonna take a lotta love…and sheet metal…and money!

Somebody will hit the buy it now as those parts are worth more than $6k. I have a gorgeous 68 shell begging to be blended with this car.

Dag nabbit! I was going to steal it for a couple thousand. Never has so much rust been seen attached to so many expensive parts.

Sounds like the next WCCC contest car!

I just want the mirror for my wellington blue G.

Somebody stepped up to the plate and hit the “Buy It Now”. It is sold, anyone here buy it?
Steven

Ain’t tellin’…

I was bidding on the blue hertz G one (one 0f 188) with the sunroof, and aftermarket wheel flares on Ebay last year but bailed out at 11.5k. It was a nice car and had the original “x code” 390 engine and most of the sunroof parts; I wonder if it was ever restored, etc. Does anyone on this site own it?

As of at least 6-8 months ago it had not been restored. It was for sale for considerable more than your 11.5k bid.
Steven

If it was a Hertz G it could not have an “X” code engine. That would be a 390-2V.

All of the 188 regular production Hertz G cars came with the “S” code 390-4V engine.

The 11 Hertz Introductory show units all came with the 390-2V “X” code engine.

The single prototype XR7-G was based on a 1967 Cougar. It had an “S” code 390-4V engine.

Total Hertz XR7-G of all types is 200 units.

I know this car had an “X” code engine, AC, Automatic, and sunroof! It also had the correct code for being a Hertz car with the special Ford door tag. It was on ebay in 2012.

Here’s a picture of the car; I found it on Don’s (WCCC) site before it was sold on eBay. It had a Mart report with the auction stating it was one of the Hertz cars (188) and had picture of the door plate. Final price was about 13.5k when it sold last year.

http://www.classic-cougar.com/images/shame/hall-of-shame-xr7-g.jpg

Royce was talking about the Hertz cars, which were S-codes. Non_Hertz G’s could have had any of the '68 engine codes from the J-code up, from what I understand.

See Don’s site; it was a “G” and as stated was a Hertz car according to the Marti report that came with the Auction. I tried to find it on eBay but they don’t save the auctions that long anymore.