0F91Q5056**

Very cool! Does it bolt to the lug bolts? I guess the ball joints would need to be in good shape to carry the side load weight.

That’s a very cool unit Neal.

1 Like

Blockquote cool! Does it bolt to the lug bolts? I guess the ball joints would need to be in good shape to carry the side load weight.

It does bolt to the lugs. Currently the upper A arms are new units, the lower are used units but in good condition. It does seem quit stable. But I plan to be carful around it. I may find a way to safety it more soon to.

Very cool! I guess that’s a good way to test your axle seal on the lower side as well, LOL!

I’ve had a few hours to start the cleaning. It’s coming along nicely.

Before much was done.

When I knocked off for the day.

1 Like

It looks like it’s time for an update on hw this project is doing. I got the under side done a few weeks ago. And I think it came out well.

I installed the long run brake and fuel lines. This Cougar was “Slop Gray” painted underside. While the paint I used is not an exact match, it works for me. You might note I did not do the wheel rear wells and outer trunk floor on the R/H side. I will be doing some body work in t hat area of the trunk and quarter panel and will do that area then. As for the wheel wells I plan to do them soon.

Then I put the car back on all 4 tires.

Sure looks happier sitting this way.

I then put it back in the stall had in before.

The next small project was to paint the floors inside the passengers compartment, As it has been near and below freeing here(I know, we don’t really freeze here, but we do sometimes) so I masked it off so I could heat the inside.

As the color match is not highly important here, I mixed up a Yellow using Rust-Oleum that is not as close as I would have liked. I used a roller to do 99% of this and a brush for tight spots .

After one coat.

After two coats. I plan to give it another coat later t his week. I was not highly concerned about color match as all if this area will be covered. But I will need to get some paint that does match better as I need to paint the hood and Sport mirrors.
I’ll have another update before March

3 Likes

Looks great!