1968 1/2 'R' Code Cougar!

Can you fill us in on how you got the car. I take it that it is no longer in MT.

1 Like

@Corndog67 and I exchanged messages and gave him the story. Have not been back since. Old thread but keeping it updated a bit. About 300 hrs invested in improving the car over the last 3 winters.

4 Likes

Gorgeous Kerry!

Thanks for the update.

• Phillip
1 Like

Thanks Phillip !
Your art work work on the Skeleton Mercury Gods Head meatballs and 428 Cobra Jet call outs are a lot of fun. I put about 500 miles on the car and they hang on great.

1 Like

Glad to hear the magnetic graphics are doing their job and clinging to the sheetmetal - I worried about that but I guess that is a great indication of the lack of body work on the car!

I don’t think this car’s Marti was ever posted on this thread? Would love to see that if possible.

• Phillip
3 Likes

It was built the same day as my Black 4 speed was.

1 Like

Kerry,

That’s a Marti Report and picture of a build tag for an automatic equipped Augusta Green R code with a black vinyl top.

Royce, post #10 explains the repaint to orange.

2 Likes

Scott,

I am hoping to see the Marti Report for a black 4 speed Cougar.

For Royce
I should say the cars have the same scheduled build date. Black car was actually assembled a day earlier.

Nice Kerry! A black 4-speed R code and the Calypso R code. You’ve gotta smile every time you walk into that garage.

That’s great!

Hey Kerry, what was the process with the undercarriage? Was this a complete teardown or did you clean the undercarriage somehow?

The Black car resides in “The Brothers” collection. I I am no longer the curator.

The originally Augusta Green now Calypso has a new one piece floor installed. Sean the original floor had been fiberglass repaired at the toe board transition and I was unable to remove without farther damage. I removed it in one piece and did an overlay on the new floor. This made it possible to drill every spot weld and replace in the exact same spots. There is zero filler in the floor replacement. It is exactly as the original.

1 Like