1969 428 CJ ELIMINATOR Fantasy Bid / ebay auction

Don’t worry Brian. I’m going to ship my 428 XR7 convertible over next year as it won’t get the care and restoration it needs here in Oz. Being right hand drive may or may not influence the price. … and I still have the last US title annotated to the original owner here in Oz

Why does Canadian customer need a US title. BTW, unless the Oz owner got the correct customs papers to re-export to Oz, he may not be able to get it out of the US without a title.

I looked at this when I was going to ship a car over for the 50th and there were a number of different approvals you had to get if you intended to re-import the car. Paperwork is different on the US side as well depending on if the car is going to leave or sty in the US.

Just try and get a title on a car if you are a non-resident. Another rabbit warren of unhelpful advice and customer service

Why does any car need proof of ownership? Canada used to be more lax… Years ago I sold a GTE in my driveway to someone in Alberta, I went to hand him the title and he told me to keep it for a souvenir as he had no use for it. Fast forward years later and Jim Pinkerton calls me after buying it and says “Please tell me you still have a title for this GTE!!!” :sunglasses: What’s it worth to ya…?

There is no need to sell a vehicle with a title in Alberta, you just need a bill of sale. At least that was the case a few tears ago with my last Alberta vehicle transaction. Other jurisdictions have various rules and regulations. In British Columbia, where I live, you must have a title/registration papers. There are also requirements for a government transfer document to be filled out by seller and buyer if vehicle is already registered in BC. If vehicle is from another jurisdiction, buyer is encouraged to have the form filled out, but a bill of sale will work they just fill out the form on the sellers behalf. Also if the vehicle is not from BC it must pass a vehicle safety inspection before it can be registered and insured, which could be a problem on an unfinished project if something bad happened to it before you got the passed inspection, etc.
I am not sure what would happen if I tried to register a vehicle without a title (maybe from a state that doesn’t issue titles). Maybe I should look into it, just in case.