1969 Mercury Cougar XR7

HI,
A few pics of the 1969 XR7 with sunroof…this unit will be up for sale soon…located in Newfoundland Canada…please let me know what you think…Harry Oxford

my email.....hoxbox1@hotmail.com

I think there are no pictures showing a sunroof.

few more pics. showing the sunroof etc.I know the pics. are not good ,the car is still in storage…Harry

It is a long way from the original DSO (52) which is Los Angeles.

Original color was Pastel Grey.

If anyone can provide any info.on this unit it would be greatly appreciated…production numbers ,valuation ,.this is new to me…we are gathering info…in preparation for selling.We are open to anyone who is interested in buying…etc…
You can e-mail...hoxbox1@hotmail.com …Harry

Start with getting a deluxe Marti report, (https://www.martiauto.com/martireports.cfm) this will tell you how the car was when it left the factory. Then look it over underneath and inside for any rust. Make sure you know where it has that. Also look it over closely for damage repair. This is important for value. Being it has had a color change that may hide things. But Black is hard to use to hide previous damage. I like the color combination it is now. Having a sunroof is a rear option and people like that. If you have history that helps too. There were 211 color code “D”(Pastel Gray) with interior code “6D”(Red XR-7 Leather) 1969 XR-7 hard tops built. Being a “M” code 351 4v with the Sun roof, A/C and whatever other options this has should make it 1 of 1. As for value? I have no idea, $10,to 20K may be.

I really appreciate your input ,I am doing the legwork for a friend of mine.I am getting the Marti report,Maybe you can clarify a few points,211 units were made code D with a sunroof ? Were there any Black units with Red Int. and a sunroof produced? When you say 1 of 1 please explain.I will check the unit later for the things you mentioned to look for. we are surprised by the color change ,it has 35K on it,it was picked up in Calif.some years ago.

Many thanks…Harry

I have a potential buy when you figure out the asking price. E-mail me at: letsridebc@yahoo.com

I have a potential buyer when you figure out the asking price. E-mail me at: letsridebc@yahoo.com

Thank-you…
When we are ready i will let you know…Harry

Honestly I think I would put this back to the original color. It would certainly stand out more.

Thanks Al, .
The owner didn’t know until now…the years passed has by, we just want to move it now…Harry

As long as it is structurally sound, I don’t think you all will have any trouble moving it Harry - as has been said several times, it is a very will optioned '69 Cougar.

Please post the Marti Report when you get it.

• Phillip

Thanks Phillip I will…Harry

211 is the number of 1969 XR-7 hardtops made that were painted Pastel Grey (code D) with a red interior (code 6D). You would need to contact Kevin Marti to ask how many of those 211 cars also were equipped with a sunroof. We do know that there were 261 1969 XR-7 hardtops that received the sunroof option. Those 261 cars could be any available exterior paint color and interior color.

1 of 1 means that when Kevin Marti prepares a report he can usually make just about every Cougar the only one equipped exactly like the subject car. In the case of your car Harry you are already down to 1 of 211 just based on the exterior color and interior color. When you add in the options that are on your car, and assuming that they are factory original, it should not be much of a problem getting this car down to 1 of 1.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Thanks Randy that is very interesting and informative,I will check further…Kevin Marti is that the same people that supplies the vehicle reports etc…Thanks again …Harry

^^^ Yes, Kevin Marti has licensed Ford’s computer records so you can order a “Marti Report” from his company, Marti Auto Works.

It has been a huge boon for our hobby.

Since your friends Cougar is a '69, you probably can purchase it’s original invoice:

https://www.martiauto.com/originalinvoices.cfm

• Phillip

That number has nothing to do with the Sun Roof. It has to do with the color combination. There may have been only 1 of the 211 color code “D”(Pastel Gray) with interior code “6D”(Red XR-7 Leather) This car is not a Factory Black car according to the door data plate.

Hi,
Anyone who has any interest in this unit can contact me for the standard Marti report,this email only. hoxbox1@hotmail.com
Thanks…Harry