1970 cougar eliminator

I have a early number eliminator 1970 vin 500012 seems to have different parts than normal examples xr7 buttons on dash with wires sniped off no hole for rear prop rod 69 gas door emblem but painted black any ideas maybe lack of parts trying to use up 69 parts note I’ve owned this car since 1980 and I know the original owner thanks

I would suggest purchasing a Marti report if you do not already have one. That will tell you a lot about the car. I would question the XR-7 dash switches being original. The warning light panel with a block off plate was used on the 1969 Eliminators so carrying that over to the 1970 models would be normal. Just cutting the wiring sounds like something a backyard mechanic would do. With that said though anything is possible. What does the original owner have to say about it?

The prop rod hole and gas door could be factory. I can see this with it being an early car and the line workers not being up on the proper parts. On the negative side though it is an early car and some of those were used as show cars at the various auto shows. Those cars are usually held to a higher standard and I doubt that errors like this would make it through.

You might find that Dave, 70b302cat on here, would be able to shed a little more light on this. Perhaps there are other early Eliminators with the same issues.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Thanks for the info I’d ask the original owner but he’s been out of the picture for at least ten years only thing about him is he wasn’t much for change

Dannyf, welcome to our forum and we like questions, I have a few of my own, is your instrument panel and panel above glove box wood-grain or black camera case. #2, is the piece on gas flap painted black or is it anodized black. Thanks

Both panels are camera case the gas door I believe was painted because when I removed the Lincoln emblem it s the silver colour underneath

Any ideas the proper black colours for grilles hood scoop rear lights etc maybe satin black or a hot rod black ?

SEM Trim Black you don’t need a primer with it.

SEM Trim black is the blac to be used on the headlight parts. Also do not have any of thge headlight parts powder coated you stuff will be junk if you have thet done.

Thanks will follow your lead

Looking for 1970 cougar rocker panels any ideas thanks

Are u looking for the covers or the rocker panels themselves?

Thanks
Pat

Eliminators didn’t normally come with the rocker panel covers, but there are a few cars known to have had them installed at the factory.

On ebay there is 1 NOS side (drivers) that is for sale…

thanks
pat

Looking for the panels .seemed to have lost mine in the last 30 years my bad my eliminator is very low numbers maybe that’s why it came with rocker panels thanks anyone have any idea what colour the inside of the marker lights are

I should have a pair of used 70 rocker panel mouldings here.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Are you looking for rocker panels for a coupe or convertible?

jon

I think he is looking for the trim, not the structural members.

You’re probably right. I was just trying to help him out if he needed rockers.