50th Anniversary Celebration 2017 Carlisle Ford Nationals

Phillip, that looks AWESOME! I’m so glad my '67 was able to inspire that fabulous artwork.

::scratches head, trying to figure out how to bring two Cougars there::

Appreciate it everyone -

Lots of people working hard behind the scenes this year on all the great 50th shows - no excuse not to make it to at least one!

• Phillip

Well… I feel that since I’m only a little more than an hour away, and have a 69 Eliminator… I should probably go! Now for the hard part… Never been there, let alone taken a car. I would be taking it in a trailer, since it has 5.43 gears in it. And then come the Q’s! It would be my eagle scout camping style son and me. Could we just sleep in my trailer camping style? Don’t want to “show” the car, but want to bring her to the cougar area if possible. She nice, but not show quality! Should I pre-register? (Always hate when things come up, and have to cancel!) And if I do pre-register, I didn’t see a “Cougar” section… I saw red mustang, and yellow mustang, and some others, but no Cougar section. Should I enter it in “under age 18” since this will be my son’s, when I’m dead… (hopefully after the show! Lol), and we have the same name, so I guess you could say it’s already in his name! Sorry if these are dumb, but… :confused:

Yes, bring your car, there is a place to pre-register your cougar and trailer, trailer parking is off-site, and you can sleep in it if you want to. If you pre register Carlisle will send you stickers for your car truck and trailer, you can unload your car on the show field and take the truck and trailer back to where they tell you to park it. When you register, that allows for two people entry for all weekend.
Edit http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=9&cat=24&show=10&page=1
when you get to this page click on sort by, pull up manufacture click on that, scroll down to Cougars

It would be my eagle scout camping style son and me. Could we just sleep in my trailer camping style? Don’t want to “show” the car, but want to bring her to the cougar area if possible.

One year when I attended. The neighbors on the north side on the registration building on K street. Have a big empty lot in back that goes up next to the show field fence. Private owned and you could pay them to park and camp there just outside the gate. Go into the show field and use the facilities and the Carlisle personal actually suggested to camp their and support the neighbors. Worked out well. Especially getting items from the swap meet area. Don’t know if you can still do that.

Thanks for the info guys! Guessing we’re going!! Sounds like a blast!

Rough cars are appreciated at Carlisle, at least Cougars. My project car has been there 2 or 3 times. It won’t be there this year since I don’t have a driver for a second car.

Steve

Apparently Carlisle Productions keeps track of pre-registrations for the Ford Nationals show based on Clubs and then ranks them and posts that information on their Facebook page. I’m sure they do this to cultivate a little healthy competition among the clubs.

As of now Cougars registered under The Cougar Club of NJ/PA/Delmarva Cougar Club are number 1!!! Keep in mind, this is an All Ford show so the fact that Cougar registrations is out-pacing Mustang registration is pretty darn incredible!

Also keep in mind that Carlisle is only talking about Cougar owners who selected the host clubs (CCoNJ/PA and the DCC) when they registered. We know that some owners were confused by this, and during registration, since they weren’t paid members of the listed clubs they did not register their Cougars for the show field under our clubs (you don’t have to choose a club to register).

I predict there is going to be a record number of Mercury Cougars at Carlisle this June.

It’s going to be a humdinger and I am going to have some unique Cougar swag that will only be available at Carlisle.

Just singed up today its looking to be a great event.

I’ll be there as well. In fact, my Cougar has been chosen to appear in the Ford Nationals Select Display building. I’m quite honored to say the least!

You can see all of the invitational cars here: http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/carlisle-ford-nationals-invitationals.aspx

Why is there only 2 1967 cars, and one is the very first ?

Are you saying that you feel that all of the Special Display Cougars should be '67s?

And does Cougar 1 not count?

• Phillip

It does count, how many 68 69 70 etc 1 cars are there ? I looked at the Shelby cars, there 50th cars are from 1967. Phillip, I don’t have all of the answers but in my 14 years of participation, doesn’t matter see ya there.

Just trying to understand your question, plus, it honestly never occurred to me to have the display Cougars be only 67s.

I’m not the person selecting the display Cougars, but from the start all of us organizing the Carlisle show just automatically proceeded with the understanding that this would be a celebration of all Cougars. In addition, I personally feel this (the Mercury Cougar’s 50th Anniversary) is a great time to educate those that don’t know, on what a GT-E, XR7-G, etc., is.

I can say that the list that Carlisle shows at the link wrx7 posted isn’t complete, including at least one more '67 that I know of, and a '69.

I won’t share the list that I have, just in case something has changed that Carlisle hasn’t made me aware of yet.

There are several factors that go into what Cougars will be on display - for one it is a pretty big commitment for the owners. They have to be the first to arrive at Carlisle and then the last to leave for instance.

So anyway, yeah, no problems here. Even tho it is a lot of work and I have never helped organize a show where everyone was 100% happy, I plan on relaxing and having a good time :beerchug:

• Phillip

Thanks Phillip, to be clear I am happy with all you have done as I know its a lot of work and takes your free time, I am just a car owner and I am in no way qualified to say what should be celebrated as being 50 years old.

Have all the Invitational slots been filled? I have a 1969 Cougar pro-touring build that is in final assembly and should be ready for this event in June and was wondering if it is too late for consideration for an Invitational slot.

I have been told that all the spots for Special Display vehicles have been filled.

Several other 50th anniversary’s happening this year so the Cougars are sharing the space in the buildings and space was limited.

Plenty of room out on the show field though!

• Phillip

Phillip Thank you for the reply. It is my intent to be on the field if all comes together as I expect.

Rob

^^^ Yeah man, can’t wait to see her! This year is just the beginning of the Cougar “50th’s” we’ve got coming up. Next year will be the 50th of the GT-E and the XR7-G and the Cobra Jet! And of course then we’ll celebrate the '69 Cougars in 2019, so with any luck we’ll have more opportunities to work with Carlisle on great examples for special display :beerchug:

• Phillip

We’re less than six weeks away from the biggest club event in years: our Cougar 50th anniversary show at Carlisle Ford Nationals, June 2 to 4. The club has created a website at

https://dcconline.wixsite.com/cougarsatcarlisle

with all the show details, including links to register for a show field pass from Carlisle and to reserve and pay for spots at the June 3 show banquet. Also, see the official show T-shirt on the site.

We encourage you to register for the show soon: The deadline to save 10 percent on Carlisle registration is May 1. Also, if you register by May 1, you’ll get a “Gate-N-Go” sticker mailed to you so you can bypass the registration line at Carlisle when you arrive. We also recommend you reserve meals for the banquet at the show hotel, the Marriott Courtyard Harrisburg West, as space is limited.

If you have questions, please contact us at http://www.dcconline.org

See you at the show!

• Phillip