50th Anniversary Celebration 2017 Carlisle Ford Nationals

^^^ LOL - you will forever be in sharp focus as far as I am concerned!

T-shirts are in. I have LOTS of folding to do!

Agreed. Please blur Mark out of any future pictures. :laughing: :whistle:

They look great Phillip, how do I get one?

Gotta come to Carlisle and get it!

Or, send a friend in your stead.

And Mark’s “blurry” comment reminds me of a bit that comedian Mitch Hedberg does about Big Foot. How pictures of Big Foot are always blurry - that maybe Big Foot IS blurry, and how that makes him even scarier :laughing:

• Phillip

So, are you saying Mark might be big foot :confused: :whistle:

He is outdoorsie!!

• Phillip

The time draws near…

https://dcconline.wixsite.com/cougarsatcarlisle
50thAd.jpg

I just received my information packet from Carlisle that includes a map of the Show Field and my parking decal.

I’ve attached a scan of the map below, and a detail of the area of the Show Field where the Cougars will be parked. Thanks to the robust pre-registration, Carlisle has given the Cougars a nice spot. We will be just across from the Ford display and near Building T, which is where the Special Display Cougars will be.

If I haven’t mentioned it yet, we are currently up to approx. 150 Cougars.

Much better spot than over the hill by gate #3.

I have been waiting to see if I would be able to come to this event. My mother in law is having surgery and getting it approved by the insurance company has taken forever… My wife needs to be there with her mom but after she heals up a bit we should be free to travel. Anyway, what are my chances of finding a room within 100 miles. I have press passes for the two of us so that is not a problem. What airport (Harrisburg?) is the best? We are thinking of renting a car or hitching a ride with some one else going to Dearborn the next weekend. What should we do in between?

I booked last August at the host hotel. You may still be able to get a room. If not ask them for a recommendation.
I’m sure there are several people also going to Dearborn following the Carlisle event and you can probably hitch a ride.
As you know Cougar enthusiasts are very generous people and an opportunity will turn up.
If you’re stuck, I’m sure Heather and I can make a bit of room in my truck for you. If that’s the case then we will need to talk to go over some details.

Bill, that would be wonderful if you and your wife could come.

I’m not sure where the nearest airport is to Carlisle and what the room status is.

I will do some checking and give you a call.

• Phillip

Can’t say I understand what this Carlisle backlash is about - I don’t frequent the old mc.net forum much and I guess some people are irritated there isn’t new info being posted there? And apparently a thread about it was deleted by that site? As soon as I get some time I’ll go over there and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Anywho, things are really ramping up as Carlisle gets closer so those of us who are organizing it are busy getting ready.

As for the show -

I believe that pre-registration is closed now (no time left for Carlisle to mail out decals) so those people that decide to attend at the last minute with their Cougars can purchase admission tickets/decals at the main gate. See link below to Show web page for a map of the Carlisle Fairgrounds. At last count we had about 150 Cougars pre-registered. If weather is good I think we’ll get close to 200.

Our show hotel, the Courtyard Marriott Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg is filled up and so is our backup hotel nearby the Hampton Inn. There is a hotel next to the Hampton Inn, the Homewood Suites by Hilton that had a few rooms left. Their reservation # is: 717-697-4900. Also, Country Inn and Suites had a couple of rooms left - 717-796-0300. A little further away is the Hilton Harrisburg, at last check (a few days ago) they had plenty of rooms left. Their reservation # is: 717-233-6000.

Just about all the information you need on the show can be found here:

https://dcconline.wixsite.com/cougarsatcarlisle

We will be giving away awards (see pics below) and these will be by popular vote. There will be ballots in your goody bags. The Cougar goody bags are being provided by our show sponsor, National Parts Depot. You can pick up your Cougar goody bags at the Cougar club tent which is by the Cougars on the show field. Carlisle also provides their own goody bags and they also give away their own awards. They will have ballots for those in the Carlisle goody bags.

We are having a catered dinner at our host hotel the Courtyard Marriott. You can make reservation on the web page linked above.

There is a limited number of spots for the dinner and at last count we were about 20 reservations away from our cap of 100, so if you can come please make your reservation soon.

We will be giving out the popular vote awards at the dinner. The awards are really cool, Olympic style medallions of the 50th Cougar Anniversary logo (see attached pic). We will also be giving out door prizes, which will be t-shirts, posters, and several sets of all the different 50th Anniversary Show decals. The only other way to get those is to attend all the shows which are being held across the country this summer.

Ok, hope that clears things up a bit. If anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me.

I hope to see lots of you at the show. We are just looking to have a fun get-together and promote our favorite car on one of the worlds biggest collector car “stages”, the Carlisle Ford Nationals.

Cheers!

Thanks for all of your hard work Phillip for the 50th anniversary show. I will see you there Friday morning. For anyone who wants to fly there, Harrisburg is the closest airport but direct flights may be limited. Philadelphia is less than 2 1/2 hours from Carlisle. The Pittsburgh airport is an hour further.

Steve

Thanks Steve - looking forward to seeing you again also.

In addition to what Steve posted, BWI (Baltimore) is about 1:35 from Carlisle.

• Phillip

No backlash, we’re just reminiscing…and certainly no irritation about new info not being posted o’er there.

^^^ No probs (as my daughter used to say when she was a teenager)

We had some bad weather here in Richmond and our cable went out for a few days.

When I got back on line and checked out the forums there were multiple Carlisle threads on the different forums to sort through and figure out.

In any event - lots to do so onward and upward :beerchug:

• Phillip

I don’t know if Carlisle has done this before, but this year they are having a set of banners produced that they will be selling at the show.

There is a whole slew of Cougar banners, attached are two of them.

You can see all the banners by clicking on the link at The Delmarva Cougar Club’s Facebook page.

The red G with the GT-E hood scoop looks to be my (and Royce’s) old G.

Finally have everything organized, counted and folded.

Way too much to fit in my Cougar - and this doesn’t include all the National Parts Depot Cougar shirts (free with a purchase of our show shirt, while supplies last) and all the goody bags.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Phillip, thanks for all of your and the others whose names that I don’t know for all of the work that was clearly involved in putting this event together it was great. Does anyone know a total of the cars that were in attendance ? Thanks Paul.