67-68 front chin spoiler

If I went with a chin spoiler that is what I would want it to look like!

Nice mods to the front end on that orange cougar. Digging the licence plate tuck.

I would guess you could fab a bracket to attach at that point. My valance was trashed so it was no loss. If you look closely you’ll see that the turn signals are now frenched driving lights. Im in the planning stage of cutting it up a bit more and deleting the lic. plate and replacing it with my oil cooler. Cobra style. Honestly, with the aftermarket catching up and the ease of replacing the valence its an easy reversal. With that said. Ii wonder if a strong 3m panel adhesive or some such would do the same. Good luck and post some pics if you find something that will work for you.

Came across this today and thought it would be a good reference.

Boy , I like that, would like to see more especially the front end. Good job

I agree more pictures please. That looks pretty good.

Steven

Just for the record its not my car. Simply came across the build thread on the protouring forums and remembered the discussion here about the camero chin spoiler mounting

Thank you for posting pic. I really like that, it complete changes the styling to a more modern updated front, but keeps the retro body style.

I WILL TRY AND POST THE FRONT OF MY 67.

All time best looking one in my book. I’ve heard that the best looking 67-68 chin splitter is actually from first gen Camaros. Anybody else hear the same thing?

The favorable sentiment towards the camaro spoiler is probably because it fits decent given that it doesn’t wrap around and back. More universal fit to put it another way. More angled, agressive look as well. Imo. How any of them perform is a different matter.

i see by the photos, there are brackets attached to the lower edge of the spoiler, is that really needed??? I mean, how many of us are going to go 120 MPH, requiring bracing so not to deform the spoiler. I would think that at 60 to 70, the lower brackets would be overkill.

Thank you for that comment. I can assure you this one is NOT a Camaro version though.

UPDATE! My supplier worked on these recently and they now fit much better so we reordered them.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/store/Search.aspx?SearchTerms=C8W%20front%20chin

No one has an opinion or firsthand knowledge, as to whether the lower brackets are need on the spoiler, at sustained speeds of under 120??, Prudent driving being the norm.

I have not installed one but IMO I would use the brackets. Being that you are retrofitting a camaro part onto a cougar Its very possible they are needed to support the spoiler at any speed. I bet if you did not use the side support brackets you would get movement going down the road. If it moves around too much it will only stress the mounting in other areas and crack the plastic.

Also I should mention that valance on the silver car I posted is not the cougar valance. I believe its a modified mustang part. Maybe bumper too

I could tell by looking at it, is it a one off custom?

Take my money! (again) :laughing: Seriously though, this is great news. As soon as you get one on a car please post a pic so we can see how it looks in comparison. Thanks Don!

Or, just for the heck of it, get a 67/68 Camaro spoiler, fit it to a car, and compare, I mean, you could always sell the Camaro piece to us Cougar nuts, if it actually fits better and looks better, INQUIRING MINDS would like to know, nothing wrong to have options, and for you, another item to make money on.

I’m sure some of us would like the looks of one over the other.

I bought the Camaro spoiler for the race Cougar. As soon as I get my knee healed up, I’ll get it installed and take some pictures of the process.