67 Bench Seat Base - 7F91A540098

My 67 - migrated from Cali to KS two years ago. Guessing the 0098 would make this an early build car?

Built at Dearborn
289-4V V-8 Engine
Polar White Paint
Blue Crinkle Vinyl Bench Seat
Scheduled for build December 13, 1966 - actually built December 22 - 9 days behind schedule
Sold @ Paps Lincoln - Mercury 01/07/1967

Previous owner updated original 289 w/AFR heads, Edelbrock cam & intake, T5 5 spd

Since purchase I have made the following upgrades
New wheels and tires
Explorer disc brake rear w/3.55 gear (8" rear broke the first evening home-main cap broke-bolt on the carrier came loose :astonished: )
Holley Sniper Stealth FI
Converted from cable actuated clutch to a hydraulic
Caltracs and Split Mono-Leafs are in the shop waiting their turn.

That looks good. The VIN shows it to be the 40089th Cougar scheduled for production. They were not built in sequence but not too far apart for the most part. Being a bench seat Cougar is a bit rare, and to some a bit more collectible. How do you like the 8.8’ rear axle conversion?

December 13, 1966 is the cars scheduled birthday. About 3-1/2 months into the production year.

You still have the bench seat installed? They are really comfortable to drive with the arm rest down.

Great looking car!!! Very sharp and clean looking. What’s up with all the people walking by without even a glance? Must be going to a Prius convention or something.
I am doing some similar mods to my car, Sniper EFI, Cal Tracs with split mono-leafs. What height did you select for your mono-leafs, -1, 0 or +1? Thanks, Jim R

The 8.8 conversion worked well. Once the leaf spring perches were in place on the housing it was a fairly simple install. The pinion is off center slightly but not enough to create any adverse effects. I have yet to make the emergency brake functional but it is on my mind.

Yes, bench seat is still installed. I do like driving with the armrest down. :smiley:

Jim, that pic is from the annual Automobilia car show in Wichita, KS. Always a huge turn out. I guess people just don’t know a great car when the see one. As for the Cal-Tracs, I went with the -1". Currently have re-arched original springs and she sits just a tad high in the rear for me. Don’t get me wrong, I like a little rake but i don’t like the huge gap between the tire and wheel well lip.

Hey FordBlue4ever, thanks for the reply. I guess I’m finally ready to pull the trigger on ordering the Caltracs. I have 1" lowered front springs so I have been waffling to go with 0 or +1. I agree with you I like to get a little forward rake but do not want the large fenderwell gap in the rear. I am going with the 15x7 Legendary flat 5 wheels so I will probably go with 0 for the split mono-leafs. Again, love the clean and mean look of your Cougar. Jim R.