68 standard, restomod build..

While your at this stage, if your tall, might I recommend shortening the seat platform…

No I am not tall (5.9ft) so the standard seat platform should be ok.

If I recall during my research for seats cougars have a lower seat platform then mustangs to accommodate the extra seat material that would seat the driver higher if they used the same platforms. Not sure if there is an aftermarket option that’s even lower then that.

No aftermarket, just some trimming and welding.

Small update

Palette is not that different :unamused:

Nice to know another 68 will be back on the streets!

I like the color, kinda like a battleship grey you see ok modern stuff

Extra layer of gloss and solid looking paint makes it a little bit more period correctish and exposes side curves well also most of the chrome goes back.

Soon will be rolling again

Update on progress…

Back on its wheels

Glass was installed some three weeks ago.
Tail lights - home quarantine job :slight_smile:
I striped all black, buffed lenses and painted housings with “chrome” to get that more compact 69-70 tail look i like over 67-68.

Engine build, blue 289 transformed into golden 302. :unamused:

I love that color - it is really looking great!

• Phillip

Thanks Phillip! Car is collecting dust and waiting interior assembly.

Hi, cause I will use the fox body T5 and bellhousing I opted into cable clutch and anyway 9 inch booster is to big to use z-bar linkage and rods.

Cougar seat risors can be had here: https://www.npdlink.com/product/seat-platform-lh/201663

New package tray and rear speakers install

I replaced complete heater box with new aluminium core. This replacement Taiwanese core had shorter inlets so I did small hack and installed 69-70 Cougar heater hose grommets to make firewall tight and soundproof, just light drilling needed.