68 standard, restomod build..

Wheels update

Hope to drive it within coming months :pray: :unamused:

Love this build, not to mention the color. Usually I am not a big fan of modern colors on classic cars, but this one looks so good on the Cougar. BTW, are you from Finland?

I can remember reading this article the Jaguar wasnt much of a match.

Thank You! I am from Tallinn so nearby, though Cougars block was machined in Helsinki indeed (we have 80km distance- 2h ferry trip) so the car has some Finnish DNA.

Transmission

Exhaust

Engine

Looking good! I love the upgrades.

As you probably know dumping the exhaust right at the axle will create a pretty loud drone inside the cabin especially with those flow masters. I did the same as a temporary solution until I could work on tailpipes but I absolutely hate it! Its so loud inside the car at cruise speed its annoying, dont get me wrong I dont mind good sounding loud exhaust but I would rather hear it outside the car. I did l plenty of sound proofing as well but its still loud and cant wait to get actual tailpipes on it.

Yes, I am aware on this drone issue, when its too serious I will move on to the “stage 2” like you. Just because of rear 4-link I have limited space to go over the rear axle, it is possible but not easy.

Some random shots

Vol 2

Looking good

Looking real good…

• Phillip

Can’t wait to see this one together! Looking great

I am not a fan of Cougar rectangular front seats so I went with Mustang upholstery. TMI seat covers are 1967 Mustangs and foams too. Original Cougar seat frames, bottom frame fits without mods, back frame needs upper corners reshaping and slimming. I also added Scott Drake Mustang deluxe seat buttons, I saw these on all Revology cars and I liked :unamused: :slight_smile:

Another Mustang mod that fits like a glove, shock tower brace.

Hi!

Cougar is driver now, but still a load of shortcomings and issues to solve.

On dash only speedometer gauge works, so electrical issues and a lot of rattles everywhere, engine tune is poor, rebuilt gearbox is a little noisy, rebuilt rear axle too etc…

Will do the final wrap-up soon.

What a fantastic job! I’m just getting started on my '67. I just acquired a 351W out of a running truck and a T5 off of FB marketplace.

Thank you so much for these posts. You blazed a trail and mapped out some pitfalls. You also inspired! I really dig your color selections. Going with an original color on mine. The single stage paint is going to be period correct. Really like that your engine compartment is a complimentary color, not matchy matchy or black.

I haven’t decided on mechanical or hydraulic clutch operation, yet. The addition of a bike booster may be out, so I’m not limited to a cable clutch. Again, thank you for sharing your build process.

High reso image from the last year.