70 XR7

Yes sir, I was worried about the bumper holes also, now that you’ve confirmed that, I will have to go back an address it. I could not get the rack high enough to balance it when I had it on frame rails. Might have to turn rack upside down like I did the front…?? Will definitely try something, thanks!

Basically, you want the center pivot point to be right at the gas filler hole. I have a pair of the factory rear frame rail tie downs and attach to them. They go down far enough to center the car. Here is a picture of it on my Mustang. If you don’t have them you could easily make a drop down bracket out of a piece of steel using the same two mounting holes in the frame. Actually, it would be an improvement on the way I’m doing it. You could make two mounting holes on the rotisserie bracket as well. This would eliminate the possibility of binding at that point.
Boss underside 2 013.jpg

great update! def looking forward to more updates!

Yesssss, those frame rail adapters look way different, and gives me a wayahead to get back to frame rails…thanx very much!

Finally got body to High Tech Coatings for sandblasting and then epoxy primer. WoooHooo!!

Loading up…

Lowered and strapped to jackstands for stability…

In the yard, ready to go into booth…of course it rained! LOL

Sandblasting done, then a quick coat of epoxy primer…bring it home tomorrow.

Cleaning sand out is endless…

yesterday on way to sandblasting, thought was kinda funny…fast Cougar for not having a motor…

Shell looks nice and solid from the pictures. Did you uncover any hidden treasures after sandblasting? Any plans for the lead from the factory in the roof?

You have yourself a really great project. From the detail you’re putting into it looks like it will be a really nice Cougar when finished. Looking forward to the step by step progress.

Cheers,

I think Steve is spot on. This is a newer section too. I just today saw your post for the first time and was admiring your work. Reading through and intended to comment from about your third post.
I am very interested and think you did a great job on the rotesirie, it looks better than store bought. I have more questions for you but wanted to get this out there first. Also there are not as many people here, Quality not quanity, I think you will find.
Hang in there and welcome.

I like seeing this stuff. It gives me an idea of what my own future may be like. I see things like this and think “hrmmm… that looks like it’s gonna be off the road for a while. I think I’ll drive it some more first” LOL!

Thanks for the good comments folks, and yes, hopefully I can keep up with the progress…

Sandblast and primer is done, got car back home today…yes, we did find some hidden treasures…LOL, two patches under rear window, roofline above rear window, right lower rear quarter has a few holes, and we knew drivers floor will need work.
Other than those the body looks absolutely great! Let the fun begin…

Keep up the great work and posts.

Sweet project. I love the garage. Are you going to do subframe connectors? I did tin man fabrications setup on my car and it came out great.

Here is a link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tin-Man-Fabrication-109401-Subframe-Connectors-/400558693476?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item5d43289c64&vxp=mtr

any update?

Sorry I been away for awhile…was restomodding a '56 Ford truck for a friend, started simple but as most of you know, it got bigger as we peeled it back…until it became a “complete”. One thing after another, but it turned out really nice!
I was able to finish welding in the rear suspension cradle, frame ties…long story…and now got dash mods and painting of dash and steering column. Also did the steering column mods to shorten it 1" and convert the end to “double D shaft” with center support bearing…something erkthejerk73 will be doing also.
So now I’m making a gas pedal support, and a sheet metal mount for the computer…both required to invent and make yourself for Coyote motor. The gas pedal is electronic and calls for a funky mount to be welded on the floor…will try for some pictures soon…
Happy New Year to everyone!
Andy

Wish I spoke to you earlier…I bought a nice set of frame ties from Maier Racing…concept was good as it wrapped up against frame rail in back…but I could not get them to fit…at all. I cut and grinded places to make them fit and could not get them right…they would look so bad, like not fitting right…so I put them on the side and ordered a pair from Chris Alston, they fit perfectly…all welded up.
It’s things like this that make it hard on the budget, they did not fit well, I cut them and with shipping, I cannot return so it’s a total loss of money…oh well.

See if I remember how to post pictures…

Frame ties from Chris Alston

Dash prep for paint

Yup…dash wiring

Modding to fit a double din screen…