7F91C569011

I am new to the site so forgive me if I am not posting to the right location. I rescued this 67 A/C Cougar from a guy I met at a gas station taking it to a scrap yard. I have this week started my restoration and am wanting to know if I can put 15×8 wheels on without rubbing the wheel wells. It is a complete car minus the factory 289. My plans are to start a 351 build next week for a few extra hoarses. And then ALOT of body work. Also the glass has a green tint to it. Can someone explain why?

Yes, that wheel size will work just fine just do the correct backspacing I believe 4 1/2 to 4 will work just fine. Check the stamping on your glass and see if it says “tinted” that means it was tinted from the factory. It could be a previous owner added window tinting to make it that color.

Thank you. Yes it does. So why would they put a green glass in a car.

If the car has air conditioning it will have tinted glass.

I think it will be marked “Sun X” That is what Ford called it’s tinted glass.

Correct, SUN-X is tinted glass. If it is clear glass it will be marked TEMPERED. None are marked TINTED.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Welcome to the madness. Please share the other information on your left door data code plate, as I notice your Cougar is not yet on the national database. Also, a picture or two of your car would be good to see. Thanks. Jim

Oops, yes “sun x” should have went to bed vs answering the post :unamused: :grimacing:

Door plate tag and picture of my 67 project