A Cougar Pic, Your Cougar Pic

Sometimes I get to looking at old photos, whether on my computer or actual photographs and think, “wow, I forgot about this…” Seeing the photo brings back the memories of who you were with and what you were doing at that time. I’m glad to have captured so many pics over the years and wish I had thousands more… Do you have a Cougar pic of you and/or friends working on a Cougar? Or any type of Cougar related “from back in the day” type of pic.
I hope everyone can share a pic with a caption or short story. Mention anything about why the pic is special to you.

Here is a pic of my friend Paul and I. Working on his carburetor at Carlisle in 2020. Only a few months into covid, my wife later commented about not wearing a mask. Ugh…but, it’s Carlisle!
I enjoy this pic as it simply shows doing something I like to do with my friends.

I’ll go first, these pics are from around 1980. My dad, brother and myself. We were relaxing in the shade after washing and waxing Phoenix (the cougar).

Forcing me into the archives. Never been much of one for pictures, but I do have this one. First wife, first Cougar - somewhere around 1974? Both under new management; I do miss the cat.

1 Like

Fixed your photos (which are terrific) 70scj4spvert.

• Phillip

2 Likes

Here are some of my brothers from the DCC pulling the 390 from my G.

• Phillip

2 Likes

Great pics ! I always like the really old pics from decades ago. People’s hair styles, attire and plenty of other things in the back round add interest to the pic.
This was at Carlisle, perhaps in '21? We were helping on an electrical problem. It was quite a fun time, the laughter was about non-stop.

2 Likes

I’ve got so many pictures of the parking lot adventures at Carlisle. I will try and dig up some of the old ones, from the Hotel Carlisle days.

Here is a pic of me washing my '70 XR-7 in and around '78/'79.

• Phillip

2 Likes

I love the brown Cougar. It looks like a Pinto wagon in the foreground…

1 Like

Definitely a sharp ride. I presume you still have it in the same condition…!

1 Like

I have looked for years and have found no pictures of my 1969 XR7. Many of you have seen these pics before it is my 1976 XR7. One at Grandmas house in 1976 with my future wife and the other is May 7, 1977 when we got married.

3 Likes

Fall of 1980. Senior picture with my first car - the 1970 standard cougar with B/W houndstooth interior our family bought new.

3 Likes

My 69 XR 7. I got this in 1986 from the original owner. She stopped driving the car due to various mechanical issues. She talked to me about fixing some of the issues but decided she didn’t want to spend the money to fix it. She didn’t want to sell it but was willing to give it to someone who would give it a good home. I have done that for 37 years.

This picture taken at one of the Southern California Cougar Club shows a few years ago.

2 Likes

Hahaha - we all know how that goes. Sold it when I was in college and heard through reliable sources it was trashed and junked :pensive:

• Phillip

Yep, manual tranny Pinto wagon and the VW was my sisters.

The '70 was my first car and I bought it in '76 so it was only 6 years old at the time. It was a dark, metallic root beer brown with a tan vinyl top and ginger interior. A very '70s combo but a great combo.

When I found the VIN in my mother’s files and ordered the Marti I was shocked to see it was originally yellow with a green vinyl top!

• Phillip

In 2015 when I was doing the t-5Z swap on Ginger. One of the best things I have done to this Cougar.

1 Like

Not in chronological order but for the sake of the story.
First pic is of my 67 sitting in front of the lot where my first house was going to be built. At the time I was doing break in miles after all the new improvements to the drive train. Second pic is my first Cougar, 1975, sitting in front of said house in primer. Third pic is my 72 which I bought because FL started emission testing and the 75 wouldn’t pass, so all the goodies went into the 72. It was a little harder getting parts and info back then :rofl:

3 Likes

sfhess - your pic reminded me of when I bought my '67 DGS from the original owner. This is when I went to pick it up, circa early '80s.

Her name was Jo Barrett and she was a sweet heart.

• Phillip

2 Likes

I remember the days living in south Florida, there was always one house on almost every block that the garage door would be open with someone working on a 60’s-70’s car. Usually there’d be another old car or two parked on the street of friends over helping or hanging out. It’s a bit different in this era.

Drag racing back in 2005. 10.70 @ 125mph. Prepping for World Ford Challenge

Emergency roadside repair when the electric fuel pump quit while going up a hill on a two-lane divided highway with nowhere to pull off. I have a spare pump set-up to place in line after jumping the hoses over and hanging it with zip ties. It got me off the road and home.