A Cougar Pic, Your Cougar Pic

First pic: when it came home in pieces in 1992
Second pic: about 3 years later
Third pic: on the cover of ATSOTC Spring 2023

2 Likes

And since you wanted older shots I give you this, when the car was first built in 1982. I was a Jr. in high school.
1425old_cougar1

3 Likes

Wow - that was a lot of work to get it to where it is now Paul!

• Phillip
1 Like

Beautiful car.

1 Like

Thanks, I tried to rotate them but couldn’t figure it out!

1 Like

My 68

1 Like

Here’s a pic of my 67 DGS in the summer of 84 diamond blue with blue leather. Unfortunately, it fell victim to East Coast rust in the front frame about four years later when the right shock tower collapsed in on the engine. My enjoyment of these cars didn’t stop there. Picked up a 68 about 5 years later and set out to make its’ twin.

1968 Cougar Before

3 Likes

My old 69 SCJ pure stock cougar, photos from the first day of ownership and some racing fun.

1 Like

Here are my 2 first “project” cars. This was 1998-1999 time frame. I ended up parting both and moving on…
1st 70 Cougar Conv Parts Car

1 Like

I then purchased this 69 428 CJ R-Code. I’ll never forget the first time I took it to a Cruise Night in Manassas, Va. Delmarva Cougar Club Past President, Jim Karamanis came up to me and said “Ken, do you know what this car is?” That comment set off a multi year “upgrade” to the car. The car went from my intended driver to being trailered across the country for several shows. According to Kevin Marti, the car was 1 of 4 Cougar Sport Special 428CJ R-Codes built. The current owner’s have been taking great care of the car.
The first pictures is at Carlisle, around 2000-2001, I think. The second was the NCRMC Cruise in 2004, I think. This was when the car was being photographed for the Mustang and Fast Fords Magazine shoot.
018_20

3 Likes

after the CJ, I have owned several Cougars over the years. Here are a few, including a 70 Boss 302 Eliminator project that I sold to Carlton Wright, who did a magnificent restoration to.
70 Boss Eliminator1

Tennesee Convertible junk2

1 Like

The blue 70 XR-7 convertible ended up going to Norway. The gold XR-7 was purchased as a parts car. The green 69 XR-7 is my current car/project.

2 Likes

Non Cougar cars, hence my nickname here.
The 07 Convertible has moved on, but the 16 shares the garage with the green 69 XR-7 cougar.

1 Like

We loved that car. Kept it for 19 years.

1 Like

1970, taken in Birch Bay, WA … wife of 2 years, car 1 year old; still have both.

Photo of both, 2013 …

6 Likes

For those like me who hate turning their monitors upside down (the dust makes me sneeze).

3 Likes

This car was in SoCal for a time, wasn’t it? I remember it parked on the street one town over. Maybe 20 years ago?

It sure was. The guy I sold it to, lived in SoCal, He drove a truck and 2 car trailer to Virginia. He showed up at my house with a late 60’s T-Bird on the trailer that he said he bought in Richmond, Va (I think). He was picking up the Cougar and heading back to California with both cars. He mentioned he was a big Jensen Interceptor guy and had a couple of those.

1 Like

High school graduation with my first 70 XR7 351W coupe w/ houndstooth seats. Loved that car! Registry shows it is now located in Florida and still in good shape! Dad’s 77 Cougar wagon, Mom’s 69 Torino, and Grandad’s 77 F100 are also pictured.

3 Likes

Was it “brand new”? As in, did you graduate in '70 as well?

1 Like