A Mustang for soccer moms?

I guess I’m in the minority. I like the Mustang SUV, Porsche SUV and even the four door Corvette. :crazy:

Steven

I have no beef with Ford or Porsche making an SUV. But Porsche was smart enough not to call theirs a “911+2” or some crazy crap like that, LOL! Ford has plenty of SUV’s in their fleet, and loads of names under their domain that they could have chosen from. But they didn’t do that. That makes the “Mustang” Mach-E a marketing gimmick.

But, I imagine in a few years when the real Mustang sales slip further down, they’ll have an excuse to kill the real Mustang platform completely. Then all we’ll be left with is yet another silver/gray/white 4-door hatchback jellybean car - but one with a pony on it (oooo!), so that the owners can believe that their particular jellybean car is “special”, LOL!

I can already picture me avoiding walking past these things at car shows in the very near future. :unamused:

Man that’s a thought I didn’t think of! What are they going to pop their hood for? Hey look at my faux leather trimmed luggage compartment!! :laughing:

LOL, back in the day, we got the same treatment at car shows we’d attend w/our tired musclecars, a few guys had foxbodies. All were snubbed by the “spit n shine” crowd.

Maybe they should have brought it out as a Cougar, and called it the GT-“E”

Guess it is a GT-Electric :laughing: :laughing: :think:

Wonder what happened to that Rimec project that would enable us to bolt an electric power train into a classic car without having to cut it up. I know Aston Martin and Jaguar have used it. Would be great propulsion unit for my 68

Ford already used the GTE designation in 2017 on the least modified Shelby. The E stood for enhanced.

Steven

Exactly! I’ve got zero problem with Ford making an electric SUV. But giving it an iconic name that is both already in use and indelibly associated with a completely different class of vehicle is simply asinine.