alloy heads

Hi guys,
While my engine is out getting machined, i had the thought of putting on some alloy heads iv had laying around for a year or two.
I got from online seller, they look almost brand new, but i got them cheap.
at least i hope there still cheap.
Question is : should i have new hardened washers under the head bolts, can i use my ion head bolts ?
What else will i need ?
the heads are E-Street Edelbrock. :think:

I’ve been told the valve springs are a issue. Most shops would replace them. They should have hardened exhaust seats for unleaded fuel.

Use washers. Check the valve spring seat pressure and open pressure to see if they will work with your cam. I have installed several sets, occasionally a valve spring needs a shim but they have all been fine otherwise.

Btw some of the bolts might not clear without spot facing to get more clearance. Edelbrock sells an ARP bolt kit with washers and reduced size heads for this reason.

I bought the bolt kit to install mine. Some of the factory bolts seemed a bit short only engaging a few threads.

should the springs be sitting on washers or cups,
i would think they would chew the head surface pretty quick ?

Yes, there should at least be a shim under the spring to prevent the spring from eating into the head. Depending on the cam kit you buy, it may come with springs. Comp is good about springs and lifters in their “K” kit. Regardless, have a machine shop verify the installed height, and coil bind height. Plan on having to measure for push rod length, too.